Help Identifying Pictured Loco Electronics Upgrade - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Millstonemike
Dispatcher

Help Identifying Pictured Loco Electronics Upgrade

Can anyone identify these electronics (QS1, PS1, etc.). They were added to a Williams ABA. It uses a 9 V battery, has sounds and works with a conventional transformer (no other system control was tested).

Collage.jpg
Millstonemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
Norton
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO, 3R 1/48
I believe its a Digital Dynamics Equalizer added to PS1 to make it TMCC compatible. If it works it should be able to be programed and run with TMCC. Most of them failed with time though. If you have a working one you have a collectors item.

Pete
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #3
Millstonemike
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
I believe its a Digital Dynamics Equalizer added to PS1 to make it TMCC compatible. If it works it should be able to be programed and run with TMCC. Most of them failed with time though. If you have a working one you have a collectors item.

Pete
Thanks. I don't know if it works with TMCC, no way to test. But it does power up and work with conventional as I mentioned. It seemed to follow the QS1/PS1 conventional command control. When I got it, no movement. It was locked in neutral. I was able to get it going using conventional to change it's settings and get F-N-R function (along with start up sounds, etc.)

Can you tell me which module is which? Can I remove the DDE and just have PS1 (easy?). I'm actually selling the entire ABA and 7 passenger car SP Daylight set. But I would like to know what I'm selling so as not to misrepresent it.
Millstonemike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2019, 05:49 PM   #4
Norton
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO, 3R 1/48
The equalizer is the bottom board in the bottom picture.
If this was mine I would sell it as is with a description. If it works with TMCC it would be a plus.

Pete
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
That looks like the QSI setup before they went to the two-board setup and produced the MTH PS/1.

I don't believe that's the DD Equalizer. I'm holding an Equalizer board now, and it doesn't' look like any of those boards.

The Equalizer only worked with MTH PS/1 top boards, the three board stack would not work with it in any case.

This is from the Equalizer manual, my board looks exactly like this picture.

00000.png