Why can't we get engines with dcc and no sound already installed - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > DCC Forum (Digital Command Control)
Forgotten your password?

Old 03-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #11
MatroxD
Conductor

Scales Modeled: HO and N
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv_acr View Post
Honestly it is sort of a fair question. Some manufacturers like Atlas, Rapido, Bowser, etc. definitely do offer their engines in two different options:

- DCC/sound

- non DCC/sound (straight DC)

There's often no "silent DCC" option from these manufacturers.

However as someone else noted above, all modern production "non DCC" locomotives are in fact "DCC ready" and have a standard plug that allows a drop-in installation of your favourite non-sound DCC decoder in minutes.
And honestly, as I look, and as I have engine's that have stock DCC with no sound. But then, I check mfg websites(Kato, Atlas, Athearn, Walthers, etc. There's usually always a open for just straight DCC with no sound. But then, I only do diesels. Maybe that is it, not sure, but I always see options without sound. I like the sound, as it gives me the option to turn it off, and then usually those engines have more change value options..

To each their own though... Not sure when one is or isn't looking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MatroxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement