Show us what you have added to your roster - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > S Scale
Forgotten your password?

S Scale Get in here if you want the lowdown on S scale!

Old 11-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
mopac
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
Show us what you have added to your roster

The O guys have a sticky thread titled "Show us what you have added to your roster". I would like to ask John to make this a sticky for the S guys. And then that means you guys need to use it. I am buying AF and I know Broke is and then there is flyernut. He is always adding stuff. I will go through my pics and add what I have bought in last few months soon. I think I am getting a flyer in the mail today. Pics can be locomotives, rolling stock, or buildings. Anything S scale.
mopac is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
flyernut
Yard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopac View Post
The O guys have a sticky thread titled "Show us what you have added to your roster". I would like to ask John to make this a sticky for the S guys. And then that means you guys need to use it. I am buying AF and I know Broke is and then there is flyernut. He is always adding stuff. I will go through my pics and add what I have bought in last few months soon. I think I am getting a flyer in the mail today. Pics can be locomotives, rolling stock, or buildings. Anything S scale.
Big train show tomorrow for me, Sunday... I have already discussed purchases with a member here who's going to be bringing stuff I need, or should I say, want,lol..
flyernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
mopac
Station Master

Good luck sunday. My mail has not run yet. Our regular guy is out and sometimes the post office just skips us. I may not get mail today. What ever you get show it here.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
flyernut
Yard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopac View Post
Good luck sunday. My mail has not run yet. Our regular guy is out and sometimes the post office just skips us. I may not get mail today. What ever you get show it here.
No mail today buddy, Veterans's Day... I forgot too after opening the mailbox and finding nothing there,lol.
flyernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
mopac
Station Master

I forgot that too. But they must have made a special trip for me.
I got 2 packages. I have seen them deliver packages on sunday.
The other package is an O scale passenger car I ordered. My new
to me 282 came. I am ok with it. It was only 24.50 plus shipping.
In the pics it was all assembled, I got a box of pieces. LOL. Part
of the problem was the way it was packed. This guy could give a seminar on how NOT to pack a steam engine. First he starts with a flimsy shoe box. Then he wraps the loco with one sheet of newspaper and puts it in the shoe box and tapes the lid on. There
was about 3 or 4 inches of nothing between sides. Must have been a rough trip. A couple of pieces of plastic from screw holes was in there also. Front pilot assembly came off. So of coarse cross heads were loose. Front body mount screws were out. And
at first I could not find the coal pusher from tender. It was up
inside the boiler shell. One of the white wheel insulators is chipped and rim is loose from insulator. There was no white pieces of white plastic in there so maybe I missed it in the pics. I
usually look for that. And there was some screws loose in the box. Actually I think all the parts are there. Glad I bought some JB Weld. Cab numbers and tender graphics are nice. Boiler is nice.
Its cheap enough to be a parts engine but I think I will make it a runner. I like it. Its a project. The shoe box was the mailing box.

IMG_0455.JPG

I don't think it was in pieces when the guy mailed it. He had a note in the box telling me he had taped the drawbar screw to top of tender.
It needs a bath.
Smoke tube is missing. I have some.

Last edited by mopac; 11-11-2017 at 08:25 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #6
cramden
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S
That should keep you busy for a while. The nice thing about Flyers is they're not hard to fix and if yours is complete then the cost of parts to get it running won't be that high. Looking forward to the finished product.
cramden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #7
mopac
Station Master

I could be wrong, but I do not think it will cost me anything to get this one on the rails.
I already have the JB Weld, I have new brushes and springs, I have enough harness material, I have some red smoke tubes, I even have some brand new armatures if it needs it, I doubt it, and I have some extra AF screws. It really does seem to have all parts. It does not appear to have a lot of run time on it. One or two wires are unhooked from plug so I did not even try it. It has a couple firsts to me. First coal pusher, and it has the little posts on top, at back of tender. I even have red jewels for
the posts.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #8
cramden
Dispatcher

I only meant that you should have everything thing on hand, although you still had to buy them at one time. Do you know if yours is a 1952 or 1953 date. I can't tell if your stack is white (1953) but some 53 engines had a coal pusher and marker lights. Is it 4 or 5 wire and with a red dot on the plug?
Old 11-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #9
mopac
Station Master

You right I had to buy my parts at one time. I don't have anymore fingers. Its a 1953.
Has 5th wire. Some white in smokestack but not much. I will paint it white. Does not
have red dot. Male or female plug. Not sure what that's about. It is a 5 wire. I may or not keep it a 5 wire.
My other 282 is a 4 wire 1952 metal tender.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #10
cramden
Dispatcher

Maybe the red paint is gone. When its apart you might be able to see the date stamp inside the top of the boiler. The red dot was put on the plug to keep someone from plugging it in flipped over, as it can fit either way but the engine won't run right.