Why I have not been active on the S Scale Forum - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > S Scale
Forgotten your password?

S Scale Get in here if you want the lowdown on S scale!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #1
BrokeCurmudgeon
Dispatcher
 
BrokeCurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Riverton Utah
Posts: 1,518
Scales Modeled: American Flyer S Scale and some N Scale with a maginfier glass
Why I have not been active on the S Scale Forum

Here in our small senior community we are allowed a small garden bed. Mine is Number 6. It has been great to be outside for a change! But, my torn apart Post War American Flyer boilers are calling me!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61109797_621067568397634_7397977448194768896_n.jpg (87.1 KB, 7 views)
__________________
"Take my advice because I don't use it!"
Fred

Last edited by BrokeCurmudgeon; 05-27-2019 at 09:12 PM..
BrokeCurmudgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-28-2019, 03:56 AM   #2
mopac
Station Master
 
mopac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,719
Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
Good looking bed Broke. Looks like a lot of different stuff coming up. Is that a fence for beans to climb? My wife liked to grow stuff. She always had tomatoes and bell peppers.
The squirrels were always messing with her plants and the tomatoes. She loved animals but hated squirrel. Speaking of squirrels, my new truck is at the dealer. Stupid squirrel chewed through the gas line from tank to motor. 700.00 job. Insurance probably not happy with me. Squirrels chewed the motor wiring on wife's explorer twice.
I hate to poison them but may have to.
mopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:49 AM   #3
teledoc
Super Moderator
 
teledoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Posts: 3,010
Scales Modeled: Postwar/Prewar tinplate "O" scale
Images: 13
Squirrels are nothing more than Bushy Tail Rats!!! They have to be one of the most nuisance animals, for chewing things, and destructive critters. I used to trap them with a Hav-A-Heart trap, then relocate them at least 4 miles away. Best total was 135 caught in one year. I hate them. ROFL.
__________________
"MASTER OF RESEARCH & USELESS INFORMATION!!"

"Prewar Tinplate fanatic”

Newly Appointed "Tinplate Wizard"
"The man behind the curtain????"
teledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
mopac
Station Master
 
mopac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,719
Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
I have one of those "live" traps. Need to put it to use. They are very destructive.
My wife called them tree rats.
mopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
flyernut
Yard Master
 
flyernut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Williamson NY
Posts: 5,445
Trap them, kill'em, eat them!!!..I used to eat squirrel, rabbit, waterfowl, and pheasant during my hunting days..My neighbor has oak trees, and the squirrels are as big as cats!!! I have 2 high-powered pellet rifles with 3x9 scopes on them.. They're rated at 946fps, and are very quiet!
flyernut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #6
flyernut
Yard Master
 
flyernut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Williamson NY
Posts: 5,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeCurmudgeon View Post
Here in our small senior community we are allowed a small garden bed. Mine is Number 6. It has been great to be outside for a change! But, my torn apart Post War American Flyer boilers are calling me!!!
Are you going to send me that 312 Fred??
flyernut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
BrokeCurmudgeon
Dispatcher
 
BrokeCurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Riverton Utah
Posts: 1,518
Scales Modeled: American Flyer S Scale and some N Scale with a maginfier glass
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyernut View Post
Are you going to send me that 312 Fred??
I am sorry for not taking any action. I have it apart now. I want to try to put it together but I will see how that goes. I would like to keep your most generous offer open if possible Loren. Things are going very slow as to production now a days. A few years ago I would have fired someone as dottering and slow as I am now. How we change...
__________________
"Take my advice because I don't use it!"
Fred
BrokeCurmudgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
BrokeCurmudgeon
Dispatcher
 
BrokeCurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Riverton Utah
Posts: 1,518
Scales Modeled: American Flyer S Scale and some N Scale with a maginfier glass
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopac View Post
Good looking bed Broke. Looks like a lot of different stuff coming up. Is that a fence for beans to climb? My wife liked to grow stuff. She always had tomatoes and bell peppers.
The squirrels were always messing with her plants and the tomatoes. She loved animals but hated squirrel. Speaking of squirrels, my new truck is at the dealer. Stupid squirrel chewed through the gas line from tank to motor. 700.00 job. Insurance probably not happy with me. Squirrels chewed the motor wiring on wife's explorer twice.
I hate to poison them but may have to.
The fence is for cucumbers. Al, I also I removed the tomato cages and I am installing five foott trellises to try and force the tomatoes and squash to grow vertically. Time will only tell.
__________________
"Take my advice because I don't use it!"
Fred
BrokeCurmudgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
flyernut
Yard Master
 
flyernut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Williamson NY
Posts: 5,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeCurmudgeon View Post
I am sorry for not taking any action. I have it apart now. I want to try to put it together but I will see how that goes. I would like to keep your most generous offer open if possible Loren. Things are going very slow as to production now a days. A few years ago I would have fired someone as dottering and slow as I am now. How we change...
Not a problem buddy, just keep me informed, and ask for any help I might be able to give.
flyernut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:40 PM   #10
mopac
Station Master
 
mopac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,719
Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
Broke, I have grown tomatoes on a trellis. You can weave them some. I don't but some people call tomato plants tomato vines.
Do they have Big Boy tomato plants in Utah? That's what my wife always grew.
mopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


» Visit These Sites:
LGB World

Or Our European Train Website ModelRailForum




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.