Why I have not been active on the S Scale Forum - Page 4 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > S Scale
Forgotten your password?

S Scale Get in here if you want the lowdown on S scale!

Old 06-10-2019, 08:17 PM   #31
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S gauge
I suppose I need to keep my opinions to myself but I think you should get at least half the space.
We left home last Friday for San Diego then fly to Michigan on Wednesday of this week, then back to San Diego and finally home on the 24th. I am away for a while but still online as long as the hotels have good wireless internet.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #32
dooper
Brakeman

Keeping the peace is always good. I'll squeeze more space. We are a 8 lake chain just south west of Jackson, equal distances from East Lansing and Ann Arbor, so we have both kinds of people on the chain. Not in the boondocks, but plenty of birds on the lakes and channels - Herons, sandhill cranes, etc. and once in the channels you are in the boondocks. They call it Michigan center, but a township called Leoni is the government. The old saying is that if you are from Leoni, you must be my cousin.
dooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #33
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Are you east of 127? There are some nice homes and condos on those lakes. My wife was looking at townhouse on one of the lakes when she thought we needed a getaway home in the east. It was really expensive, but then she decided Harbor Springs would be better. When I got there and saw the cost for a 3 month a year home these excursions were permanently shut down.
We are in Dearborn now (hotel across the Southfield freeway from Ford HQ.) We then go to Midland, then to East Lansing and then back to Dearborn.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #34
dooper
Brakeman

Yes. as 127 goes south, it merges with I94 at mm 138. It continues south at mm 142. We take the second exit then and are a mile or two east.

You may have been looking in the 'Irish Hills' area, probably Clark Lake. It is large, but not as large as our lake- Center Lake with chains allowing you to go about 12 miles east. Clark Lake is a large round lake with no egress on the water to other lakes. Very expensive and very crowded on the lake. There are others which I have not explored.
dooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #35
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Nice location. Now if you can get approval to fill about 20'x30' of the basement with trains it would be perfect. How about taking the ask for forgiveness rather than approval path? You could always have your wife talk to mine. My wife will cover the advantages of letting the husband have all the space he wants for trains, and what that will cost him.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #36
Matt_GNo27
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: O & S gauges
Quote:
Originally Posted by teledoc View Post
Squirrels are nothing more than Bushy Tail Rats!!! They have to be one of the most nuisance animals, for chewing things, and destructive critters. I used to trap them with a Hav-A-Heart trap, then relocate them at least 4 miles away. Best total was 135 caught in one year. I hate them. ROFL.
Note that in many states the transport of wild animals is illegal. (And I've heard that often times, the animals don't survive in their new, foreign-to-them environments.) You might as well find a way to prevent them from accessing whatever it is that you're trying to protect, or just kill them.

OTH, squirrels attract cool predators such as owls and hawks. This winter I watched a Cooper's Hawk chase a squirrel around a big White Pine for at least five minutes.
Matt_GNo27 is offline   Reply With Quote