Allentown First Frost Meet - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Train Shows, Events
Forgotten your password?

Train Shows, Events Tell us about upcoming train show events in your neck of the woods.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #1
ogaugeguy
Engineer

Scales Modeled: Heavily into semiscale 0-27 with a few scale 0 and some older HO, S, N, and one G and Z scale set.
Allentown First Frost Meet

So who's going to be at this meet this weekend and what are your expectations for it?
Whether you are going there to sell or to buy what do you hope to come away with from this show? Whether this is your second or thirty second time there or any number in between what's your opinion of this meet?
Btw, is purchasing an early admission ticket worthwhile?
ogaugeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
I'll be going to the early breakfast and then the show on Saturday. I don't have any expectations for the meet, I just go to see friends and hope something really neat calls out to me.

Chuck organizes the early breakfast, and he also has early admission tickets. One good thing is I get done with my trips through the hall earlier and get home at a reasonable time.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
bobfett
Gang Labourer

My neighbor and I were there today (Sunday). We live about 25 miles north of Allentown so we get early admission tickets, leave home about 7:30, stop for breakfast (SOS at the Bowmanstown Diner) and get to the fairgrounds about 8:45 so we can bypass the line and walk right in. Crowd was light early but seemed to be picking up at the time we left (about 10:45 ish). No expectations. We each bought 2 cars. I got an MTH "Ugly Dog Brewery" car ("Our dogs are ugly but our beer is cold") to add to my "sin wall" (tobacco and alcohol cars).

It was a train show; we both had a good time.

Bob
bobfett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
As it turns out, something neat did call out to me, so I took it home. Good show as always.