Still newbie here.......new display shelves. - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Multimedia > Model Train Photo Gallery
Forgotten your password?

Model Train Photo Gallery Post model train pics in here.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
heckinohio
Hobo

Scales Modeled: O tinplate
Still newbie here.......new display shelves.

Donna & I took trains to the local Art/Craft bigger old building for Christmas display & operation for several years in a row in conjunction with their regular Christmas events & displays. Really got to be too much & the older gals running the show aged out. We were not asked back after they left. The trains I used and many others are boxed up above a garage bathroom......several older banana boxes. I decided in Jan of '19 it is time to move this stuff on to others to keep for a while.

Annnnddd so.....I took the portable display shelving apart, kept all the brackets & screws. Have put on a new coat of satin white to match the existing shelving. I trimmed the new upright for the shelving end today, drilled screw holes & am all ready........except my little helper person in Tampa entertaining the grandchildren......so a picture of where I am now & one every time I can brag on progress.........kinda sorry light in this room for corner pictures.

And so........corner pict. is where I am going to mount bigger end of shelf brackets.......picture w/Lionel poster showing is the other end up right....not secured yet, have to move this computer table.....biggy job. Old/new 104" shelf lying on portable layout Daughter & I used in the 1970s. I have 9 shelves, but I may stop at the bottom of the existing shelving to kinda keep a more neato appearance.....Flyer caboose position has created a situation though.

PJH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09776.JPG (575.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09777.JPG (614.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09778.JPG (560.3 KB, 2 views)
heckinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
wvgca
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO 1890's
looks real good

wvgca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:42 AM   #3
heckinohio
Hobo

Scales Modeled: O tinplate
First for sale stuff on new shelves..

Finally finished these display shelves.....at least I think I am finished. Had to take time out to replace furnace/ac system which required moving many bigger guns & their display shelving.....and walls around furnace room. Fortunately, I put every thing up with screws.

This is contents of one box.......I can see 6-8 more...!!!! Not enuff shelves.

PJH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09800.JPG (567.5 KB, 0 views)
heckinohio is offline   Reply With Quote