Model Train Forum banner

Newly built Freight House

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Patrick1544 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Wanted to share my newest scratchbuild of a Wayside Freight Station in O Scale. Windows and doors are Grandt Line, Freight is Woodland Scenics. The rest is strip wood and siding from various manufacturers. The corrugated roofing is from Rusty Stumps. It is also lighted in and out. This was an award winner at the Hobbytown USA Fall contest about 2 weeks ago. Hope you enjoy the photos. Thanks so Much!

http://s842.photobucket.com/user/dektold76/slideshow/Railroad Models

#2 ·
Excellent. :smilie_daumenpos:

Love all the details.

It is missing something, do you know what? :smokin:

#17 ·
Now you can post the pictures directly here if you want.
Though I do like the presentation on Photobucket.

I looked real quick but did not see a thread for this.
Have you started on your layout table yet?

On the average how long does it take to make some of your scratch builds?
They are sure going to look good sitting on the layout.:smilie_daumenpos:

#18 · (Edited)
Basically, it takes me about 1 month. Working about 2 hours a day. I guess 60 hours of so. Although it depends on what I'm building. The Water Tower took about 7 weeks due to all of the really small details. Some of which are ordered and some built by hand.

I Haven't started the benchwork yet. Planning on a start in the Spring. The winter months gave me some Unexpected Family medical issues to deal with so the benchwork went to the back burner for a while. Thanks for asking. Let you know when I start it and I'll post some carpentry photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.