O Scale PRR GG1 and passenger cars for sale - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Market Place > For Sale or Trade (member-to-member)
Forgotten your password?

For Sale or Trade (member-to-member) Buy, sell or trade models here. This forum is only for personal use. Model Train Forum will not be held responsible for business transacted through this forum.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #11
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Scales Modeled: O right now. HO packed/ small N scale table, G scale for under the Christmas tree.
USA

That has to be it, http://americasbesttrain.com/shop/el...k-p-25723.html

If it is he has a great price on them.

Central Railroad of New Jersey
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #12
Tonino
Hobo

Sorry gentlemen, My error. The code on the outer carton containing the 3 cars is
6-15554. I bought them because of the rubber bellows between the cars and the passenger models in the windows. I didn't see many heavyweights with the bellows - they add a more authentic look. I'd like to sell the cars with the GG1.
Tonino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #13
Tonino
Hobo

Hey Big Ed, is Central Railroad of New Jersey the same as the old Jersey Central which had as its logo the Statue of Liberty's head surrounded by a halo of stars?

Old 10-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #14
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
Yep, it's the same RR, just a different name. The official name is Central Railroad of New Jersey.
gunrunnerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #15
Tonino
Hobo

Hi Gunrunner. I'm a Jersey boy - Newark exactly. We had family in Red Bank near a North/South PRR mainline between Newark and Bay Head N.J. At the end of the dead end street they lived on was a path that led to a Jersey Central maintenance yard complete with roundhouse, switching engines, switching tower etc. A magical place for a young boy. Saw my first Camelback steamer there. Wow. If the family couldn't find me around the house they always knew where to look LOL.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:30 PM   #16
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Well, if you go to the Statue of Liberty from Jersey, you'll visit the old Jersey Central station in Liberty State Park, it's a pretty nice building. We did the 377 steps up the Statue last year, good heart exercise!

Old 10-09-2019, 11:44 PM   #17
Tonino
Hobo

If I ever get back to N.J. I just may do that. We Live in St. Augustine, Fl. now. I was there last some 10 years or so ago for a 50th year high school class reunion. First time in
over 40 years plus that I had visited the city. Lots of changes. Some places I didn't even
recognize. Visited the statue of Liberty many many years ago. A wonderful experience for
anyone whose family immigrated to the America.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #18
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Well, I suspect at some time in the past, most folks except the Indians immigrated here. In my case, it was my grandparents on one side and great grandparents on the other side.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #19
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Scales Modeled: O right now. HO packed/ small N scale table, G scale for under the Christmas tree.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonino View Post
Hey Big Ed, is Central Railroad of New Jersey the same as the old Jersey Central which had as its logo the Statue of Liberty's head surrounded by a halo of stars?
Yep, the Biggest little railroad.
Jersey Central

Central Railroad of New Jersey
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #20
Gramps
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO then G back to HO
I remember as a kid you could take a ferry owned by one of the railroads from lower Manhattan over to their terminal in New Jersey where they had a fantastic, to a kid, model railroad. I don't remember if it was CNJ or Erie or Lackawanna. Maybe one of you remember it.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote