Introduce yourself here! - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > New Member Introduction
Forgotten your password?

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Come in here and introduce yourself!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
paceway
Hobo

Hi Jon,

Nice to see someone else here that's into digging in the dirt.

www.largescaletrainsupply.com
www.largescaletrainsupply.com/forum

Last edited by paceway; 03-06-2007 at 08:16 PM..
paceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 AM   #12
ulf999

My name is Ulf. I'm into Marklin H0 (American models primarily).
I started this hobby in the fall of 2004 with my then 4 yr old son. I first built a 100cm by 160cm layout mostly for him, but I got hooked and now I'm into modules (built one so far). Eventually I'll have a large modular layout featuring the transition era with late steam early diesels. Pics to come...
ulf999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
Jon Winder

Modules

Hi Ulf:
Thanks for the reply> I would like to see any pictures of your moduels. I am now working with large scale models. (1/2 inch scale). The modules I have made for this are currently being used in a club show. I will send some pictures later. Here are a couple of photos of an "O" scale module I made a few years ago. It is about 4 ft square. (122cm X 122cm) The straight tracks are standard guage. The track that winds through the middle is narrow guage. I kit bashed the loco and gon from HO parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0016.jpg (232.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg scan0017.jpg (247.3 KB, 39 views)
Jon Winder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #14
HOdad

HO trains

Hi,
I grew up with HO trains, always loved them, the real reason I am here is I have a quesion. When I was around 10 years old my father had an HO collection that would make any kids eyes glow or for that matter any adult. I am now 44 so this was around the mid 1970s . Around 1980 I grew up and dad lost interest and the complete set ended up in his attic. Dads house was 30 foot by 50 foot and the set took up the entire cellar. It had everything running water , bridges, unlimited supply of everything. Dad passed in 2000 and I inherited everything , and it sits in my cellar all in plastic cases that came from walmart. I was planning on keeping them until I retire and set them back up. But I thought about it , I know I will never do anything with them I have to many other projects. My question is how would I sell something like this ?? I sell on e-bay but this set would be way too much work to put on e-bay and I dont want to give them away either. The cases are stacked 5 foot high and take an area of 10 foot by 10 foot. I dont know what to do with them.
Rick
HOdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #15
tucker

Mike (Tucker)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey everyone glad to be aboard.

Acquired over 150 sections of tyco slot car track. I have a 5 yerar old son who's name is Tucker. It all started when I found a box of Tyco slot car tracks ( over 150 tracks icluding straigts curves and everything else). Had several cars and 4 controllers. Well anyway to make this as short as possilble I built a table to accomdate the best layout for my new Tyco slot cars. Everything when pretty good had my track set up my son and I love it. My wife really couldn't understand. Well you may be asking what slot cars have to do with this forum. Well it gets even better. I was out and about with my son when we came accross a tag sale. My son notice a box with HO scale trains. I told him they were broken. I ask how much he wanted for the box and he replied $5.00. I grab the box and happilly went through it. Had 2 engines, about 10 cars, and various tracks. I going to create a nice layout with the tyco slot cars and the Ho scale track. My wife really doesn't understand whats going on I'll probalbly be living outside pretty soon. Does anyone have any advice. I laid out my slot car track so it will work with various designs. My table is 81' long and 41' wide. Will keep you updated
tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
Lorne

Hey there everyone. My name's Lorne. I'm really new to the model train hobby. I haven't gone ahead and built a layout yet but I'm in the process of collecting what I'll eventually need to get started.

My kids (2, 3, and 6) are all showing signs of loving trains. We live close to a train yard, so that might have something to do with it. I'm looking forward to getting a train layout started one of these days and getting my kids involved as well.

My scale preferance is HO as it seems to be the most readily available scale.

I live in Grande Prairie AB so if there is anyone here living in this area I would love to meet ya and talk trains.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trading ideas and (hopefully) learning a thing or two.
Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
tworail
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: G, HO
Welcome to the forum Lorne, glad to have you aboard.

Things are really picking up here!

I'm sorry I haven't had more time to dedicate towards the forum, if there is anything you guys would like to see or need help with drop me a message.

Thanks
John
Fat Conductor of MTF

https://www.modeltrainforum.com
http://www.lgbworld.com
tworail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #18
Twindaddy

Glad I found this forum!

Hi all, I'm John and I am getting back into HO scale (and some O scale) after many many years absence. I'm looking for knowledge and I think I may have found the right place! I'm currently setting up a double 4x8 layout with a crossover from one table to the other (kind of a horseshoe shape). I am thinking of running two separate track systems sort of intertwined, one for each boy (I have twin 5 year olds, hince the screen name). I have alot of work to do, and alot of researching as well so I'll be asking alot of questions!! I look forward to being a member, and thanks in advance!!

John
Twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #19
Rayzz
Hobo

new to me

Hey just ordered train set today. I am going to do HO train in large coffee table in my game room in basement. Going to do boating marina, beach trestles, ocean, land and roads . This is all new to me.
THANKS RAYZZ TRAINS LIKE MY MONEY
Rayzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #20
floyd
Hobo

NewBee Here

Hello from Southeastern Colorado. I have two grandsons one of which is totally engrossed in Trains. He is soon to be eight but has had a deep interest in trains since around the age of three. The other grandson is gradually getting more interested in the hobby and he is nine. I am setting the layout in a 12 x16 foot room and will need all of the help I can get and will need to have questions answered I am sure. Looking forward to every post especially the HO related ones. The wiring of the various controls, etc is what is concerning me most.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote