is there a Model train PC game? - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > General Model Train Discussion
Forgotten your password?

General Model Train Discussion Mostly anything goes, especially train related!

Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
possumlips
Hobo

Question is there a Model train PC game?

Can someone recomend a good model train sim for the computer? I've looked on ebay and Amazon but most are either several years old and have out dated graphics or not the model train sim but real train sim games. I 'd like one with good 3-d graphics that will let you build your own layout, add trees,tunnels,buildings etc.Maybe even let your layout run as a screen saver would be nice. thanks for any info...jesse
possumlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
alman
Conductor

Scales Modeled: HO
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumlips View Post
Can someone recomend a good model train sim for the computer? I've looked on ebay and Amazon but most are either several years old and have out dated graphics or not the model train sim but real train sim games. I 'd like one with good 3-d graphics that will let you build your own layout, add trees,tunnels,buildings etc.Maybe even let your layout run as a screen saver would be nice. thanks for any info...jesse

Great idea!

s2000.gif
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Gameboy900
Hobo

Scales Modeled: HO and N
2 best are Train Simulator 2013 on Steam and Trainz Simulator 12. In my opinion, Train Simulator 2013 is better for driving trains because the graphics are superior and all the cabs have interiors. Trainz Simulator 12 is easier for building your own routes.

Trainz Simulator 12
Train Simulator 2012

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you wanted a model train sim, these are all real.

Last edited by Gameboy900; 02-10-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Gameboy900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Gameboy900
Hobo

Scales Modeled: HO and N
If you are looking for a Model Train simulator then My First Train Set might be a good game. It is by the same makers of Trainz Simulator 12. But keep in mind that the game is geared towards little kids.
Gameboy900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
possumlips
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy900 View Post
If you are looking for a Model Train simulator then My First Train Set might be a good game. It is by the same makers of Trainz Simulator 12. But keep in mind that the game is geared towards little kids.
I found it for only $10 on Amazon as a download and may go for it. But now i'm thinking of go ahead and getting the real train sim also. I have a good gaming computer so i wanted great 3-d graphics, something i could layout with different veiw options.thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction....jesse
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
broox
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO, poorly
i got "drive a steam engine" (or somethig similar) on the steam store for $2 when it was on sale. it is all 3D too, but not too taxing on the older PC's. Was good fun for the dollars spent. I think you could buy more trains/routes also.

edit. this isnt a model train game.

Last edited by broox; 02-10-2013 at 06:39 PM..
broox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
broox
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO, poorly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy900 View Post
Will look out for that, my kid might get into it.
broox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
sanepilot
Dispatcher

Cool train sim

Hi,all..I`ll throw this in the mix. Sure some or if not all have heard of it. It`s called CATRAIN. Free download. You can build your own layout,put everything in the way of track work before you actually build it.Not sure of buildings as I just used it for trackwork. Has some trains layouts already made up.
Type in Catrain in your search engine.Hope someone might like to know..

Have fun,sanepilot
sanepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
possumlips
Hobo

I downloaded "My 1st trainset" about 6 hours ago for $9.99 off Amazon and i can already tell i'll be bored with it soon.Only 3 rooms in a house and the garage to lay out a track, no outside layouts. It does have pretty good graphics and alot of camera angles but doesn't have much play value for a adult.It reminds me of a sega dreamcast game "Toy Commander" graphic wise.Glad i didn't pay much for it.Going to look now at the real train sims and see which have the best realistic graphics.Thanks for the heads up on those by the way.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
vic2367
Brakeman

i have Train Simulator 2012,,pretty good game sim ,,with lots of add ons ,,paid and free,,
vic2367 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game , model train sim , pc game