is there a Model train PC game? - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > General Model Train Discussion
Forgotten your password?

General Model Train Discussion Mostly anything goes, especially train related!

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #11
possumlips
Hobo

USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
i have Train Simulator 2012,,pretty good game sim ,,with lots of add ons ,,paid and free,,
I bought Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12 the other day for about $40 from walmart.com and today I bought 5 new Loco's that were onsale at Simulator Central for $4.99 each.I guess a model railroad sim like "my first trainset" wasn't what I was looking for after all.I like Trainz 12 but they don't give you many routes in the game and I didn't see many forsale.Mostly Europe, maybe 2 U.S. routes. Actually only about 3 at that website forsale for download.I tried doing a search for addons on Amazon and Ebay but no luck.I was hoping for a northwest area route.I think the game has 4 U.S. ones built in. One Appalachian coal route and a southwest desert one I know for sure.Anybody know of a good website to download addons for TRAINZ series sims,let me know.Thanks....jesse

Last edited by possumlips; 03-20-2013 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: updated pc sim name
possumlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
john65002
Engineer

Scales Modeled: HO
Alright, first if I may ask, why Trainz? I never liked Trainz because of lack of graphics and programming. Myself, I use Rail Simulator. Sure, the trains cost more, but the graphics and animation is so much better detailed. The trains are made by many people out there and you can even make one yourself. However, Trainz does not offer many different maps. I'm sure there is mods out there somewhere, but that's where you can get into virus's and stuff.

john65002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
possumlips
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by john65002 View Post
Alright, first if I may ask, why Trainz? I never liked Trainz because of lack of graphics and programming. Myself, I use Rail Simulator. Sure, the trains cost more, but the graphics and animation is so much better detailed. The trains are made by many people out there and you can even make one yourself. However, Trainz does not offer many different maps. I'm sure there is mods out there somewhere, but that's where you can get into virus's and stuff.
It was the only one walmart had but i'll look for Rail sim on Amazon or Ebay.I have several tank and sub sims, no reason not to have another railroad one.Thanks for recommendation.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
john65002
Engineer

I bought mine online. Never have seen Rail Simulator at Wal-Mart. Watch some videos, you will be impressed.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
possumlips
Hobo

I might have messed up.I ordered Train Simulator 2013 from Amazon for $29 free shipping and came back here and it was suppose to be rail Simulator. Owell, it was rated better than the Trainz 2012 I got.I also noticed that my 1st game is named "Railroad Simulator powered by Trainz 12". I didn't notice this till I went to register at Auran and a list dropped down. Getting old. Gonna have to start writing stuff like that down.

Last edited by possumlips; 03-20-2013 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: wrong sim name
Old 03-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #16
john65002
Engineer

O well, you might like it better. Don't know unless you try.

Tags
game , model train sim , pc game