very sad time for us - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Union Station
Forgotten your password?

Union Station Off topic discussions - take a load off after a busy day of model railroading.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #11
spikedrivingblues
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: HO
Machinist, I make it a point to stay away from this part of the forum because I'm afraid of divisive subjects like religion, politics etc. After all we're here because of what we have in common. We like trains.

In this case we have something else in common. A couple of years ago I had to put down my cat Imogene. Imogene was named after a song like my forum handle. I loved that cat and it's easy for me to imagine you feeling the same way about yours.

I'm sorry

Paul
spikedrivingblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #12
Chaostrain
Conductor

Scales Modeled: N, HO, On30
My condolences on the loss of your loved family member.

Chaostrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:17 PM   #13
machinist
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: 3 rail o scale
I wish to sincerely thank everyone for their kind comments and words of support-it helps. Once a pet(doesn't matter what kind) is in your home and heart, they ARE family.

USAF Security Service 1967-1971, US Army Corps Of Engineers Pittsburgh District 1993-2012, Pittsburgh Independent Hi Railers
machinist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2019, 01:38 AM   #14
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinist View Post
I wish to sincerely thank everyone for their kind comments and words of support-it helps. Once a pet(doesn't matter what kind) is in your home and heart, they ARE family.
Pets are DEFINITELY family. I am so sorry for your loss. We had to put our beloved New Moon (a black DSH) down 3-1/2 years ago. She stopped eating, and when we took her in, they found her kidneys had failed. So, we could have taken her for dialysis twice a week, but we didn't think there would be any quality of life for the cat. She was only 9 as well. She was the fifth animal I've had to put down, and it never gets any easier.

Perhaps, after an appropriate time, you will be ready to adopt another. We were, and a visit to the Old Lyme Animal Shelter brought Sirius Black (around here, it does seem to be true that no one wants black cats), aka Bungie, into our lives. The scrawny, scraggly-haired kitten we brought home blossomed into a perfect Maine Coon -- all 18 pounds and 44 inches (nose to tail) of him. He is a delight -- cuddly and playful, and always getting into trouble.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #15
flyernut
Yard Master

I'm not a cat guy, but I've had several during my first marriage...However, pain is pain, and pain comes with love...I've had that sad day come many times, and it doesn't get any easier.. At one point I had 5 dogs, I thought it would be easier when one crosses the rainbow Bridge..it doesn't help....My oldest dog, a chihuahua, was very sick, and we thought that day had come.. We took her to the vet, and I cried all the way there, and during the visit.. I've had much pain in my life, but NOTHING compares to the pain of losing an animal..Anyways, the vet put her on some meds, and she's still with us..I have to carry her up the stairs and such, but it's worth it...By the way, her name is Belle, also..God bless my friend...
flyernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #16
jay jay
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: Primarily O, but have some G, S, HO and N.
Very sorry on your loss. We have lived with cats and dogs in the family for over 40 years,and when one goes, it never becomes easier regardless of how many you have lived with. Each is a unique being and personality. Hold onto your happy memories of her.

JOHN (and CAROL)
jay jay is offline   Reply With Quote