Last two months I have had a bit more time to work on TRAX. I must say it was time well spent: a lot of new features were added and existing features were improved to make TRAX a more solid and intuitive application.
And I am proud to announce TRAX has now reached Version 1.0: www.traxeditor.com
What is TRAX?
For those who have not worked with TRAX before:
- TRAX is a web based application for designing and planning your layout
- TRAX is free
- TRAX works on Mac, Windows, Linux and any other computer with a modern internet browser
- TRAX comes with a viewer: a simple piece of HTML code that enables you to present your design on your own website and allow your visitors to scroll, zoom and explore your plan in a more interactive manner.
- TRAX supports over 70 different track programs and still counting
What's new in TRAX?
- Flex track has been heavily improved: special handles enable you to fine tune the flow, allowing for nice transitional curves. And there is also an option to insert straight flex track of the exact lenth you need.
- You can now make project specific settings and change colors and grid size.
- TRAX now can handle both millimeters as inches
- You can load and scale a background image. This comes in handy if you are modelling from a prototype and you are using aerial photographs or satellite imagery.
- Pins can now be used to fixate your track to the canvas as well as to tables.
Also selecting track has been improved, the cutting and pasting functions work better and a lot of silly bugs have been fixed.
What's next for TRAX
The next - or a next - step will be a TRAX App for iOS and Android. This app will be better adjusted to touch screen interfaces and using the functions mobile devices have to offer.
This does not mean development of the TRAX Web app will be on hold. I will continue fixing bugs and implementing new features. I still have lots of ideas like an interactive 3D mode, layout control software and a module layout planning tool.
Interested? Please have a look at www.traxeditor.com