I just acquired a full Southern Pacific Daylight passenger train in three separate eBay purchases:
- ABA F7s (2000 era, both A's powered & QS1 electronics);
- 5 car Crown Edition Aluminum passenger cars (later '80's); and
- 2 car Crown Edition add-on cars .
At over 13' long, these should look good on my yet to be started large layout.
Then I saw a Southern Pacific Daylight YouTube video with Lionel F3s pulling Williams passenger cars. One car was the full vista dome. I was unaware that Williams made that car, but I knew Lionel did. In my searching for the William's version (which doesn't exist), I noticed too many similarities between Lionel and Williams aluminum passenger cars.
In the pic below taken from eBay, you can see many similarities:
(1) The end caps and their attachment to the chassis with two black screws;
(2) The silhouettes in the windows have some of the same figures and match better in other instances of these cars;
(3) The chassis; and
(4) The aluminum body and details.
And while the trucks / couplers look different on the two models in this pic, on my actual cars' they are identical to the Lionel's.
Williams Lionel Aluminum Passaenger Cars.png