Viewer counts, how accurate - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Forum News, Updates and Help
Forgotten your password?

Forum News, Updates and Help MTF News and Updates will be posted here. Feedback is welcome. Have a question about how the forum works? Post here!

Old 01-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #11
Millstonemike
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunnerjohn View Post
Currently Active Users: 2517 (76 members and 2441 guests)

That's the number that actually currently has a page open. However, you could stay logged in and not really be looking at it.

As for logging out, the forum automatically decides you're not here after 15 minutes of inactivity. So, the counts will be reflect anyone that's been active in the last 15 minutes.
I can't recall ever being logged out automatically. There's that little box next to the log in credentials "Remember Me".
Millstonemike is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 06:13 PM   #12
Old_Hobo
Yard Master

Scales Modeled: HO (also a little OO & O)
I don't think John meant that we are "logged out automatically"..... He just said that the board monitors activity, and if after 15 minutes you are inactive, it does not include you in the statistics at that point in time.....

And if that's right, there's no way of really accurately knowing how many members are doing what at any given time....which makes absolutely no difference to me and in no way hinders my enjoyment of the forum in any way, shape or form, so.....why are we discussing this still?
Old 01-20-2020, 07:20 PM   #13
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
Correct, the board considers you "inactive" if your connection has no activity for 15 minutes. If you say "stay logged in", you shouldn't have to login again.