Model Train Forum banner

Northern Pacific tinplate passenger cars

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  tjcruiser 
#1 ·
This is my second set of refurbished 2600 passenger cars done in the Northern Pacific livery.

Bill

Transport Train Railway Vehicle Locomotive

Train Transport Railway Rolling stock Vehicle

Transport Train Railway Rolling stock Vehicle

Transport Train Railway Vehicle Scale model

Transport Rolling stock Train Mode of transport Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Many thanks Bill. From a little research I believe that the 8609 was MPC era and used the same boiler casting as the 2046, 2056 and 646 post-war loco's. And those loco's were "a little beefier" than say a 2065, 665. That would explain why my 2037 just looked too small against tinplate passenger cars.

Again, nice restoration.

#4 ·
As a "milk run" passenger train from Seattle to Tacoma to Spokane via Yakima and Pasco I think they're perfect. I don't know if NP had one or not - GN's was called the "Cascadian". They could meet up with those SP&S cars (coming from Portland) at Pasco for the leg to Spokane. :)

#8 ·
Bill, Excellent job on the refurb. The cars look outstanding in the consist, making a nice addition to the layout. Good to have more activity in the Tinplate section too. Keep adding more to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.