Model Train Forum banner

TCA states no more Standard Gauge from MTH

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  seayakbill 
#1 ·
Read in the TCA National Headquarter News that the reason why there was no Standard Gauge freight car offering for the TCA convention cars is that they were informed by MTH that Standard Gauge will no longer be manufactured.

Sign of the times I guess.

Bill

#5 ·
My guess is that there isn’t enough demand to justify making a convention car. When I see an uncatalogued run from MTH, it is produced along with a cataloged run of similar cars/engines. For example, I recently got a PRSL AS-616 which was produced at the same time as some cataloged AS-616s.

So maybe at this time here isn’t a huge demand for standard gauge stuff. Maybe that’s part of the reason MTH and Lionel couldn’t agree on a licensing extension and maybe the reason why MTH isn’t producing Standard gauge with their own nameplate. So, if they are not making a cataloged run of MTH standard gauge, then making a special run for a convention car would make it prohibitively expensive.

That’s my guess anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.