Model Train Forum banner

The rest of the story!

698 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rkenney 
#1 ·
After conferring with a STD Gauge forum member on another site I have been informed that the #10 locomotive made from 1925 -1929 did not get cast headlights until 1926 (his source Greenberg's volume 1, 1994). This confirms that the body I have is a 1925 and you can see the difference below.

Both bodies have machine punched holes for the headlights. The body I have has many more for the "strap" headlights (1925). The obvious dilemma being that the later cast headlights would not cover/conceal all the holes.

Cylinder

My body! 5 holes/slots

Auto part

Ebay body (now sold). 2 holes

Note the "spring" type contacts on the cast headlights of the Ebay picture. These correspond to the "contact" bar that came with my Type 1 motor and frame (pictured below) so I concluded that the motor and frame are at least 1926 for the later headlights.

Vehicle Vintage car Car Auto part Chassis

Curious of course when exactly that headlight connection was introduced so I will do a little more research.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.