Model Train Forum banner

after many years, a train under the tree

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  HarrisonCityRR 
#1 ·
Its been many years since I have had an electric train running under the Christmas Tree. So I pulled out a MTH #10 Standard Gauge Milwaukee passenger train which should be neat running around the tree.

Bill

Tree Christmas decoration Christmas Vehicle Architecture

Christmas tree Christmas Christmas decoration Tree Christmas lights

Hearth Toy Playset Fictional character

Christmas tree Christmas Tree Christmas lights Christmas decoration

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice and shiny too. :smilie_daumenpos:
What don't you have? :p

Did you think about putting the Hellsgate bridge on the other side of the tree,in the back?

#10 ·
Looking good!

Its been many years since I have had an electric train running under the Christmas Tree. So I pulled out a MTH #10 Standard Gauge Milwaukee passenger train which should be neat running around the tree.

Bill

View attachment 517640

View attachment 517642

View attachment 517644

View attachment 517646

View attachment 517648

Bill;

I love that Bipolar! But then I'm a Milwaukee Road fan because they ran electrics, so I love all Bipolars, and Quill Motors, and Boxcabs, and Steeplecabs, and Little Joes, well you get the idea! :laugh:

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

#16 ·
In the image provided by Michael the number in paretheses refers to the gauge of the track (distance between outside rails). Standard gauge track is three rail as pointed out already and the distance between the outside rails is 2 1/4 inches (measured from the rail centers).

The actual rail Lionel used for O gauge track is the same as used for standard gauge track just spaced differently. Saved Lionel some money when they phased out Standard gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.