Pls. help IHC newbie/tender hookup? - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > HO Scale
Forgotten your password?

HO Scale Discussion of HO scale model trains.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #11
Lemonhawk
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO
It looks to me that the leads of the diode are not insulated and could short to the weight when the top of the tender is put on. Does anyone know for sure if the if the tender trucks need to be set to pick both the A and B side of the track? Or does the the tender only pick up one side and the locomotive the other? It's certainly not clear from the pictures. The Locomotive appears to have had the connector removed or perhaps this tender does not go with the locomotive. Too many possibilities here to figure out!
Lemonhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #12
x_doug_x
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhawk View Post
It looks to me that the leads of the diode are not insulated and could short to the weight when the top of the tender is put on. Does anyone know for sure if the if the tender trucks need to be set to pick both the A and B side of the track? Or does the the tender only pick up one side and the locomotive the other? It's certainly not clear from the pictures. The Locomotive appears to have had the connector removed or perhaps this tender does not go with the locomotive. Too many possibilities here to figure out!
Tender prob. goes with locomotive and clip was removed from locomotive. Not a big deal, they can be wired together and left together to work fine. Next off, judging from the fact there are 2 wires going to the tender i'm willing to bet the tender picks up positive and negative somehow.
x_doug_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #13
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhawk View Post
I have a couple of IHC Command XXV steamers made by Mehano. The tender wheels on those have both the positive and negative pickups. I accidentally reversed a truck on one of those and it was dead as a door nail until I fixed the truck.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote