My fictional CSX layout - Page 4 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > My Layout
Forgotten your password?

My Layout Showcase your layout here - pictures, projects, progress, whatever!

Old 10-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #31
Stan D
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: HO & G
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedrivingblues View Post
It does. Now that you mention it, it reminds me of the beeping on that old TV show "Emergency" when they got a call.

Is that something that would be heard over train crew chatter?

Thanks
Paul
Sorry for the delay in response. I don't get in here as often as I'd like.

Yes. Any where you have a large fleet, two or three tone signalling was handy to keep from hearing calls that don't pertain to you. Only calls with your correct sequence of tones would open up your receiver. You heard nothing if the call was for someone else. Today's radio systems handle it silently, and digitally. And quicker.
Stan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 06:00 PM   #32
spikedrivingblues
Brakeman

As some of you who read one of my last posts may have inferred, I have been going through some significant life changes. As a result I have dismantled the layout (such as it was).

I was able to salvage more than I expected and plan to build again. When the new project begins I will start a thread documenting that "progress" If a moderator thinks this thread should be deleted that is fine with me.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with the layout, I will take the info with me into the next project!

Hope to be posting about my layout again soon.

Now I really have the "spike driving blues"

Paul
spikedrivingblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:17 PM   #33
Steamfan77
Conductor

Scales Modeled: O
Don’t let it get you down Paul. I think we’ve all been through it to one degree or another. You made some nice progress, and I’m sure learned some things that will help you when it’s time to build again. Best of luck, and we hope to see you building again soon.

Andy

Old 11-19-2019, 12:06 AM   #34
Chaostrain
Conductor

Scales Modeled: N, HO, On30
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedrivingblues View Post
As some of you who read one of my last posts may have inferred, I have been going through some significant life changes. As a result I have dismantled the layout (such as it was).

I was able to salvage more than I expected and plan to build again. When the new project begins I will start a thread documenting that "progress" If a moderator thinks this thread should be deleted that is fine with me.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with the layout, I will take the info with me into the next project!

Hope to be posting about my layout again soon.

Now I really have the "spike driving blues"

Paul
I went through exactly the same thing. I had a nice N scale layout going then went through some life changes. I salvaged what I could and was planning a new layout for after the dust settled. It turns out my current wife likes model railroading too and wanted to join me. With our slowly failing eye sight we decided to go up a size to HO. That meant all the N scale was sold off. Except for a couple of power packs we were totally back to square one. And progress has been extremely slow, but there is progress.

I wish you good fortune and a new empire of your dreams.

Chaostrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:45 AM   #35
spikedrivingblues
Brakeman

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys.

While I'm bummed about having to scrap the layout i'm trying to be excited about planning another. It's way too early to know for sure but I like to think I'll start the build by the spring.

Until then, plan plan plan!
Old 11-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #36
tr1
Engineer

Scales Modeled: 1/87th(HO)
Arrow ho cost average cost per square dootage?

On a ho model train layout, what is the average cost per square
feet on a layout?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,tr1
tr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:09 PM   #37
spikedrivingblues
Brakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1 View Post
On a ho model train layout, what is the average cost per square
feet on a layout?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,tr1
That's an interesting question. I guess we would need a data set consisting of what some HOers have spent on his or her layout divided by the sq. footage of the layout. Then I think we would add the total spent by the total sq. footage to begin to find an average cost per sq. ft. (at least among some members here). I could be wrong about all of that

Unfortunately I can't submit any data because while building my layout I decided it would be best to stop keeping track of how much money I spent

I wonder if any other members have kept track of how much you spent to build your layout.