Poppet Flats Railroad - Page 46 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > My Layout
Forgotten your password?

My Layout Showcase your layout here - pictures, projects, progress, whatever!

Old 11-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #451
PoppetFlatsRR
Engineer

Oh and thanks guys for the welcome back stuff. I missed reading all you progress and activities. I have a lot of work to do this Holiday season, and won't be able to spend as much time on it as I had hoped. I keep telling them I retired in June, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Well it will make the Christmas Season Happier/not quite as broke. lol
PoppetFlatsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 05:22 PM   #452
Loconut
Hobo

Scales Modeled: N and HO
Freeway Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppetFlatsRR View Post
Back at it again. Battling allergic reaction to Glaucoma medicine, so can't work at it long.

I have been threatening to make a freeway across the layout and finally started messing with it tonight. Got the main turn on it done and roughed int the layout. No paint on it yet so the white stands out a little too much
You will have to build a freeway for my layout before you high tail it to Utah Very impressive but your layout is too.
Loconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #453
PoppetFlatsRR
Engineer

You need to post pictures of your layout asap.

We hang out at the same Hobby Shop, Dynamic Hobbies in Hemet. Loconut is into operations and had a giant yard and too many bridges to count. He is an avid railroad guy, and knows all the locomotives and such. He is a true modeler. Unlike me, who just throws stuff against the wall and hope it doesn't fall off.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #454
Steamfan77
Conductor

Scales Modeled: O
Sorry Poppet, I’m going to disagree with you on your last comment. I started reading this thread last night. All I can say is wow! You are more talented than you know. This is your first layout??! I wish I had half as much talent scenery wise. You truly have a gift. I’m going to continue reading, and can’t wait to see what happens next!

Andy
Old 11-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #455
PoppetFlatsRR
Engineer

Thanks Steamfan. I just have so much fun doing it. Keeps me off the couch when I am not riding my bicycle. I try to follow all of you guys and take any tip I can get. Unfortunately no one ever gives me money. lol
Old 11-07-2019, 06:29 PM   #456
PoppetFlatsRR
Engineer

Thanks Loconut. I have ideas now of how to do it. Would have been a lot easier if i had though about a couple of years ago. .