Ebay Great Seller Plug! - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > General Model Train Discussion
Forgotten your password?

General Model Train Discussion Mostly anything goes, especially train related!

Old 11-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
rsv1ho
Brakeman

I don't know Mark, that's a tough call. The money isn't much, but 3-4$ is still three to four dollars.

I would be tempted to let it go, make a mental note not to buy from them again and mark them down to one or two shipping time stars on the feedback. That hurts them the most.

But, a few months ago I bought a model airplane engine from a customizer on the West Coast that sent it first class with the explanation that in his experience first class arrives as quickly as priority, and it did...with a tracking number too.

It's the people that sit on a sale for days before shipping that aggravate me.

Coincidently, I just bought this Rivarossi Heavy Pacific "General Washington" from a vendor two days ago and a couple of hundred miles away that charged me $8.60 for a priority mail flat rate box shipped and I just opened the package.

These boxes used to cost $7.50 to ship regardless of weight or distance a few years ago. I do not know what the PO charges today, but I thought his $8.60 a fair rate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB190010.JPG (347.0 KB, 0 views)
rsv1ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #12
NorfolkSouthernguy
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: HO
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv1ho View Post
I don't know Mark, that's a tough call. The money isn't much, but 3-4$ is still three to four dollars.

I would be tempted to let it go, make a mental note not to buy from them again and mark them down to one or two shipping time stars on the feedback. That hurts them the most.

But, a few months ago I bought a model airplane engine from a customizer on the West Coast that sent it first class with the explanation that in his experience first class arrives as quickly as priority, and it did...with a tracking number too.

It's the people that sit on a sale for days before shipping that aggravate me.

Coincidently, I just bought this Rivarossi Heavy Pacific "General Washington" from a vendor two days ago and a couple of hundred miles away that charged me $8.60 for a priority mail flat rate box shipped and I just opened the package.

These boxes used to cost $7.50 to ship regardless of weight or distance a few years ago. I do not know what the PO charges today, but I thought his $8.60 a fair rate.
Yes that is a fair rate and Priority did use to be a set fee and more simple. However that has changed so the weight now applies, size of the box and location it will be shipped. My average Priority Mail shipping is around $8 - $9.

Well, day 11 is here and now the tracking says the item is delayed so no delivery today. The seller responded with attitude and sarcasm to my simple questions. I looked a little closer after reading your response about sitting on shipments. I found that he sat on the package for 5 days before he even shipped it. My Priority guarantee of 2-3 business day delivery came and went before he even shipped it.

People are human, we make mistakes but now I feel he lied about the label “switching” services being he sat on it for 5 days. He was saying I paid $7.12 for shipping and he paid $10.86 to ship it and wasn’t asking me for that extra!? I posted the numbers to him that I indeed paid $10.86 for Priority Shipping and have no idea where the $7.12 figure he speaks of came from.

He has definitely created a very upset buyer at this point. His handling of the whole thing has been terrible. He says as little as possible and has in no way attempted to diffuse the situation or simple offer decent customer service.

This has by far been the worst experience I have had in years with a eBay seller. He has created this not me so what happens happens.

This came at a good time right when I was suggesting a thread for these very situations. I do not not want anyone else dealing with a seller like this. I want to be warned of shady sellers who have treated customers poorly. If it existed it may have very well avoided me from being in this now.

Mark
NorfolkSouthernguy is offline   Reply With Quote