Model Train Forum banner

Lionel OO scale

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  areibel 
#1 ·
I have a set of Lionel OO trains that my grandfather bought just before WW2.

It has a NYC Hudson, about ten freight cars and a oval of track. I guess it is AC powered.

I was curious if anyone here has this type equipment and actually operates it. Neat stuff. Pictures soon....

Tom

#2 ·
I don't have any but there was a guy that would bring his to Trainfest in Milwaukee. He had a really nice display using the well undersized Standard Gauge Villas, that looked great with OO. For a backdrop he had inkjet printed catalog covers from the era. It is neat stuff!

#3 ·
Nice. I have found various things on the internet about Lionel OO, and there is lots of track on eBay.

They never produced turnouts I guess. I found old Switch kits in the box along with OO passenger car model kits made of wood and brass.

The Hudson locomotive was missing the pilot but a fellow made repros so my engine is now complete. The OO Hudsons did suffer from frame warping which made them unable to run. There was a frame straightening service at one time, but I think the fellow passed.

My Hudson has a light warp to it. It does run though...

Tom

#5 ·
Thanks for the link. The site is pretty impressive. The OO is interesting in that it had quite a following in its day.

The box of Lionel OO I have contains a few die cast hopper and boxcar kits along with wood and brass coach kits. All from the late 30s and early 40s.

I never knew the secondary market was as extensive as it was. Cool stuff and cool link. Thanks again!

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.