Model Train Forum banner

Jackpot!

507 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  D&J Railroad 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever hit the jackpot on a train show deal other than me? Today I got a west side brass e8 ab set for $80 in immaculate shape and also found a “blue box” f7 that turned out to be an athearn genesis with tsunami sound for $20. Very pleased with my day at the train show

#5 ·
How do the rapido locomotives run?
As far as the RDC is concerned, it's equipped with ESU & LokSound... about as good as it gets, and it runs superbly.
Both trucks are separately powered, and it'll pull up to 3 streamliners or heavyweights. I usually run it with a Budd RPO car, although the SP always ran solo.

Also Kadee couplers, an outrageous level of external detail, insane lighting, and a fully detailed interior.

#6 ·
I recently bought a couple of the Rapido B36-7s. Very good running and good looking models. The ESU sound system only compliments the loco and detailed sound projects are available on the ESU forum for downloading and installing if ya have the LokProgrammer. I recently had one given to me and am really amazed at the extended programming capacity it has over the JMRI DecoderPro.
The downloadable projects are detailed sound profiles of the actual locomotive that other members have tweaked to perfection then upload the sound file to the forum so others can use it. It can still be modified once ya have it in your loco. There are quite a few projects up there for just about every loco that has been modeled. Ya just need a blank decoder to do it with. The ESU Select decoders have the basic loco sounds on it that can be tweaked a bit but not much leeway to go beyond that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.