Who's up for going to Oregon? - Page 5 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Union Station
Forgotten your password?

Union Station Off topic discussions - take a load off after a busy day of model railroading.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #41
gnnpnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
I'm simply sick and tired of anyone who decides they're just going to take matters in their own hands, to heck with everyone else

Does that include our incompetent, inept, and feckless government?

Montel Williams wants to storm the place. http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/montel-wi...on-protesters/,.... yet he wanted to soft-soap BLM and Occupy Wall Street (who are the same group basically)

The reason the FBI is handling it is because they know that there are those in the "protest" that have some serious capabilities to repel such a foolish move. Cooler heads need to prevail.
Yes, cooler heads should prevail. The problem here is these people are ARMED, and that provides the capability for things to get out of hand in a hurry. What I will say is this. If ANY law enforcement person or first responder, be it local, state, or federal, is injured or killed due to these wackos discharging a firearm, I will not shed a single tear if the whole lot of them perishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #42
JimL
Conductor

Scales Modeled: O & HO, Small Layouts
I thought it was funny when the reporter asked Ammon Bundy about going to the government for a $500K loan for his truck repair business, he said something like "well, the federal government is good for some things." LOL

Do you think Bundy refused the $24K subsidy from our tyrannical government (us tax payers) for the loan? LOL

I'd like to see how he's doing repaying the loan. He was unable to secure the loan from private financing. Is he a dead beat like dad? And, the tyrannical government (us tax payers) are on the hook for the loan because we guaranteed it? LOL

Do these ranchers refuse their "ranching subsidies" from the tyrannical government? LOL

Don't the states get back grazing fee monies from Washington? If the states held the land, they would be the ones charging the grazing fees. And, they would be managing the land so it is not destroyed by overgrazing. Right? LOL

Sounds like these people just want "free stuff." Sound familiar? LOL

When my sons were small, I used to take them to this annual, 4 day long, paintball battle in Jim Thorpe, PA. Over a thousand people attended each year. It was the "Invasion of Normandy" scenario. They were running around in their camo BDU's, pretending to be in life and death battles with their paintguns. LOL. These goofballs in Oregon remind me of that. LOL.

I have an AR15 ... I built it from parts. But, its for killing zombies, not for protection from our government. LOL

Happy Railroading and Happy New Year
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #43
flyernut
Yard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnnpnut View Post
Yes, cooler heads should prevail. The problem here is these people are ARMED, and that provides the capability for things to get out of hand in a hurry. What I will say is this. If ANY law enforcement person or first responder, be it local, state, or federal, is injured or killed due to these wackos discharging a firearm, I will not shed a single tear if the whole lot of them perishes.
When you say "wackos",who are you talking about, the Government people or the "armed" civilians?? That can be said about both parties.
flyernut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #44
chipset35
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O
CASE CLOSED:It's the American Indians Land NOT the Ranchers

The original Americans who we raped and took everything from.
Those ranchers can go to hell:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/06/us/nat...ver/index.html
Old 01-07-2016, 07:43 AM   #45
gnnpnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyernut View Post
When you say "wackos",who are you talking about, the Government people or the "armed" civilians?? That can be said about both parties.
I would think that is self evident, the "wackos" are the people sitting inside the building in Oregon, armed to the teeth, and have already broken laws.................

Your opinion may differ.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #46
tooter
play every day

Scales Modeled: HO, Lionel post war O, 1:8 riding railroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51 View Post
I for one am sick to death of people doing stuff like this, tying up freeways, streets, disrupting innocent people out doing their thing...
The obvious solution is to live where they can't do it.

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #47
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
The Chinese are pretty efficient in dealing with people that do this, maybe you could move there. I think the Russians could deal with such protests pretty efficiently as well.