Pre-orders? - Page 3 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #21
Lee Willis
Train Master

Scales Modeled: O-Gauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunnerjohn View Post
The sucker is only $250 MSRP, so I'm just dying of curiosity how they can deliver all the features they claim for that price.
And in such a small package.
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #22
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
Yep, I wanted an LC+ 2.0 engine anyway to open up and look at, so this one will fill the bill. As a bonus, I can run it.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:33 PM   #23
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
MTH PRSL Baldwin AS-616
MTH flat car with howitzers
MTH LVRR snowbird caboose
MTH Reading Bobber (this one was just issued, but I didn't pick it up yet)

Old 07-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #24
MartyE
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: O Guage
I have all the new Polar Express passenger cars in the first catalog from Lionel pre ordered. Ryan has said the bearing cap issues are fixed. My originals never had paint issues but I hope my streak continues.

I also have the Polar Bi-Polar (TriPolar). Not sure why I like this but I do.

I also said if Lionel ever made a 611J with smoking whistle I'd buy it, so I did. Will go great with the 606J that I upgraded with the SUper Chuffer and Chuff generator. Will be great!

Below the Signature...

Living the Nightmare!
MartyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #25
D&J Railroad
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO only and some G scale stuff for display
I have a few sets of spine cars from Bowser. They're supposed to arrive in July 2019 which actually means December 2019 or later.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #26
Bryan Moran
Conductor

Scales Modeled: O Scale
I do have pre orders.

But - it's been a few months right? since MTH and Lionel Signature. It was not easy to limit my order.

MTH - 2019 Volume 2 - I believe I ordered a TTX Husky Stack car with MAERSK containers.

I ordered the Rock Island "Independence" Powered and non powered AA. I won't see that offered again in my lifetime.
(pg 104-105)

I ordered more, but just can not remember and did not circle or note the choices in my catalog!

For Lionel, I pretty much limit myself to must haves.

From the 2019 1st volume I ordered -

IOWA INTERSTATE ES44AC. (I am located in Des Moines, Iowa and will always buy local stuff (R.I., Iowa Interstate, KCS, etc) PAGE 34.

But the unfortunate "thing" for Lionel is that I also really wanted that UP ES44AC on page 35, top with GE identification. To purchase BOTH would have set me back $1200 !! So I had to make a tough choice and delay my U.P. purchase.

I purchased on FREIGHTSOUNDS box car on page 51 but can not remember which one. Western Pacific I think.

I think I ordered MILWAUKEE ROAD hoppers on page 53.

I placed an order for the RTR NORFOLK SOUTHERN set on pages 92-93. Great bargain, finally! You get the Lionchief Plus detail on a Tier 4 Locomotive, which is listed elsewhere on page 83 for $399.99 by itself, you get a TTX car hauler, a box car, and a TTX Maxi Stack. Plus all that Fastrack, Lionchief remote, etc which I will sell on ebay. I expect this will end up costing me about $200 after I sell off the extra stuff.

So I am pretty sure I have more on my MTH order, and my Lionel will come to about $1400, MTH probably $1000 plus. I can not keep this up.
Bryan Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #27
DJones
Gang Labourer

[QUOTE=Bill Webb;2431668]Too much:

3rd Rail. Southern ABA. Delivering today! Can’t wait. Will post pics.

Bill, I cannot with to see photos of the 3rd rail Southern engines. Being a huge Southern fan, I thought long and hard about ordering these but the total costs convinced me that I did not "need" them.

I am still wondering if I made the correct decision!

Look forward to you photos.

Happy railroading,
Don
DJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:46 PM   #28
kstrains
Engineer

I have Lionel Southern Mountain on order. It was due back in March but now scheduled for September. I wonder if this one will be held back too with programming issues.

I also have Lionel Southern RPO and Station Sounds Diner on order. May purchase more cars depended upon the quality of delivery of these two.

I have some Christmas items I want from MTH but did not preorder. Usually, on Christmas items I don't preorder since a lot times they arrive after Christmas anyways!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kstrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #29
HarborBelt1970
Engineer

Scales Modeled: 3rail and 3Rail scale O, HO
I just came off the fence about not pre-ordering anything from anybody any more.

No engines, only three passenger cars, all UP and all from Lionel. I am banking on Lionel having ironed out the manufacturing kinks in production of the 21" UP Excursion/Challenger cars. In fact none of the ones I have received to date (9 in total) have had the serious issues other people have faced. Dumb luck, that, as regards the original run of these cars.

These are the only cars released to date that come anywhere close to fulfilling the hype that preceded Lionel going over to ABS plastic from aluminum. Even so, as far as I am concerned they require interior modifications and detailing but that's part of what I do as a hobby. I still dearly wish Scott Mann had produced these cars but it was not to be.

So I am adding (1) the no. 4 (2027240) Excursion add-on pack with the Harriman dome car and Lone Star Business Car and (2) the Promontory "Experience the Union Pacific" baggage car (now a rolling exhibition - 2027580). The catalog has a banner that describes this set as "new tooling" but I think that must apply only to the Business Car. Despite the catalog illustration of that car, I understand that both it and the baggage car will have prototypical six wheel trucks.

I got fairly significant discounts off the MSRP. I don't know why Lionel plays this annoying/offputting game of setting the MSRP unrealistically high except that, intentionally or not, it reflects what I have found you pay in the secondary market if you don't pre-order AND you want the product shortly after it is released.
HarborBelt1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:33 AM   #30
Lee Willis
Train Master

Scales Modeled: O-Gauge
Hope Springs Eternal: Lionel Catalog Pre-orders

For good or bad I jusy this morning pre-ordered four tank engines from Pat's Trains, adding to all the stuff I said I had pre-ordered above.
I said I wouldn't, but I did.

*I realize the LC+2.0 0-6-0Ts are not BTO but I pre-ordered three different road names anyway. I do not understand how Lionel will get smoke, sound, and LC+ in that tiny loco, but . . . if it works it will be a really nice loco. I do worry though, and think of those TMCC track inspection cars from a few years ago - the ones that looked like '38 Buick sedans on rail-wheels. I bought three, and all three worked. But they has absolutely no empty volume inside - completely full of electronics, and they slowly overheated and cooked themselves - all three died, the first in only an hour but last one after quite a bit of run time, maybe 40 hours. But all three died. Sure hope that is not the case here.

*And one of the lovel BTO 4-6-6Ts. My old K-line model is just too good, but too old, not to come back to the well now that Lionel has re-opened it.

Worse that can happen is they don't work and I have to return them. So . . .