Model Train Forum banner

Model trains in movies/TV series

103K views 233 replies 91 participants last post by  ftauss 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's the ones I can think of....
Movies:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Addams Family (I don't remember if it was in the first, sequel or both.)

TV:
The Sopranos
One of the gangsters gets into the hobby for a few episodes. And then he gets whacked in a hobby store and wrecks the train layout as he's going down! I believe that episode is titled "The Blue Comet" named after the model train.
The Addams Family

Any others?

#204 ·
Skimming through the forum, and found this thread. Since it didn't any more attention...

I just saw The Station Agent over the weekend. I must agree - great little movie! Early scenes in a hobby train shop, but the rest of the movie used trains, an old train station, and some wonderful cinematography to hold together a touching film about friendship. Currently available on Netflix streaming

Also, another movie about a train, (briefly) had a model train circling the Christmas tree near the end:

https://goo.gl/photos/dRj7U7a5Jw1Q6vDS9

Attachments

#154 ·
Just saw "The Giant Gila Monster", where they messed up at least one Lionel passenger set and several 1:24 scale car kits. What a hoot...the hero's hot rod even alternated between white and black wall tires thru the movie and, they blew up a Buddy L tank truck pulled by a string to boot.

#159 ·
That must be what gunrunner John's house looks like with his carpet layout. :p
Though his would not have the accident with all the electrical gizmos he would build to run it. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.