Lionel 1688 Loco -- Second Chances - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
tjcruiser

Scales Modeled: Prewar Lionel O ... and some dusty HO
Ha ha ... I'm awake ... I'm AWAKE!

T -- You're right ... some of these old Lionels flip direction via the field coil, with the armature downstream and grounded to the frame. It's only a matter of wiring ... the mechanics are all the same ... one could easily wire a motor the other way, with the direction flipped via the armature, and the field coil grounded to the frame.

Hey ... exciting news ...

I made my LIST today ... my list of parts that I need to order from Jeff Kane to get this 1688 and my 258 back in shape. I haven't talked to Jeff yet, but I'm hoping he has most things.

I'm pretty much in motor repair mode for the foreseeable future. I can't really get back into paint/body work until the warmer spring weather. And it was most definitely NOT warm here in RI today!

TJ
tjcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1688 , restore