Converting My Trolley Loop to a Streets Loop - Page 3 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:12 PM   #21
Millstonemike
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh74 View Post
That thread was about Atlas track. I have been using Gargraves since the mid 1980s and see little or no wear on the phantom line track center rail. I made some of the roadway black and some gray. Most of the track under the gray road is Gargraves and most under the black is O27. In hindsight, it might have been better to reverse that.
Oops. Your right. It was Atlas. Jogged my memory since you mentioned it. A senior moment?

Still looks good ... waiting for the trial runs.

"Hindsight. The bane of all us geniuses." Millstonemike 2019 - Citation required for use
Millstonemike is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #22
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
I havenít been doing much on this project. Mostly because itís been one problem after another. I removed, trimmed and reinstalled the grey center (between the rails) roadbed. Also installed the black center roadbed. Interesting that this batch of N scale roadbed had the cut line off center which made it easier to make the roadbed for the inner radius narrow.

Then I installed a DPDT switch so I could run either DCS or conventional. My SW1 wouldnít clear a girder bridge (missed by about 1/16Ē) so I modified that to make it 3/8Ē higher. And my 44 tonner kept derailing at one curve so I removed the roadbed from that piece and adjusted the Gargraves flex track. The SW1, 44 tonner and my 0-4-0 all seem to run well now.

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG
Old 01-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #23
Volphin
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O and G
You know Bob, that's the risk with taking a finely tuned layout and modding it... but it looks like you are making progress. It's not a race my friend... it's an adventure! I look forward to seeing some video once you get her dialed in.
You never know when the end of the line will appear before you, so linger at each station just a little longer with your friends, or make a new one. It will enrich both journeys and keep you on track.

TCA# 15-70824
Volphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2020, 05:13 PM   #24
Millstonemike
Dispatcher

It's never easy, is it
Old 02-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #25
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
A Little Progress

Iíve been making new platforms for the new Atlas train station. I modified the existing stairway to suit the new platform. Also bashed a Lionel pedestrian crossover so people donít have to cross the street to get up to the station. Havenít decided what I will put on the platforms to keep people from falling off. Iím considering the plastic wrought iron Lionel fence that Henningís now makes and also Plastruct handrailing. Havenít decided yet.

Iím also putting in a new building with an Ameritown front. I used Robertís Mortar, but it came out too white. I hit it with some rust weathering. Now itís not white enoughÖhard to see the mortar, but thatís how itís going to stay.

Slow but steady...

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG
Old 02-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #26
Millstonemike
Dispatcher

Looking good.