Well I decided to take the good advice offered here and attack one problem at a time.
Atlas answered my E Mail promptly and I've got an RA number so into the mail goes my RS11 on Monday.
Since I'll be there anyway I'll also send the 402D back to Digitrax for repair. Two items down.
The DCC problem with my washing machine seems to have cured itself and cloths washing has resumed
That's the good news and now for the bad.
I wear sweatpants around the house and I was mixing some glue for some scenery work and spilled some on my pants.
Into the wash they went, that's how I found out the washer was working .
Doing this also solved another problem, namely the cell phone not working right.
It isn't working at all now.
Forgot it was in the sweatpants and into the washer it went.
It's drying out on a heater vent now, we'll see.
On to the GP9
Got the wheels replaced today, made sure they were in gauge with a NMRA gauge and the gear was centered.
Lubed the axles with Conducta lube and cleaner.
Cleaned all the old lube from the bearings with 91% alcohol and let dry.
Check the gear lube and cleaned out excess and added a little Red and Tacky.
The gears looked good and are not binding or anything like that.
I did not take the shell off or solder any wires. Doing one thing at a time.
Once everything was checked I put it back together and went to test it.
Started by testing it in the yard and it handled all the turnouts just fine, on to the mainline it went.
Ran great and than I gave it the wiggle test, one set of wheels off the track and wiggled the powered ones,
this is where it failed before. Passed with flying colors.
Now for the bad news. With the loco not stalling on turnouts anymore I decided to give it a good run test.
It made about 15 laps on the mainlines and than stopped dead. Sounds and lights working but won't move.
Put it on the programing track to do a reset and it won't read any CVs. Dead as a door nail. One step forward and two back.
Got the 8 pounder warming up next to the now drying cell phone.
Got a good decoder in the loco I destroyed the truck on (5634) so I have to decide if I want to replace the decoder on 5622 or replace the wheels on 5624.
Maybe I should use 5623 and try an odd number.
Anyway here is a pic of the bottom cover that gave me so much trouble.
You can see the little latch thingies in the corners, these lock over pins in the truck frame.
Takes an Xacto knife to release them, just pry outward from the bottom. Easy to do once you know what to look for.
The side frames just pry outward at the center to separate them to remove the axles.
The 4 straight pins towards the center lock the side frames in place. It was these that I thought were the cover locking pins and was working to release these. Stupid is as stupid does.
I'll take a look at all this tomorrow and see what happens but for now it's off to bed.