Model Train Forum banner

Madison Hardware catalogs

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gramps 
#1 ·
Here are some catalogs from madison hardware 1950 catalog ,1950 promo flyer,1954 catalog and a sound effects record from 1950 Paper Paper product Games Art

Transport Train Rolling stock Vehicle Railway

Text Newsprint Paper Font Newspaper

Text Newsprint Vehicle Paper

Transport Locomotive Train Railway Vehicle

Transport Vehicle Train Toy Fictional character

Transport Vehicle Train Locomotive Railway

Text Art

Text

Transport Plate Dishware Vehicle Public transport

Text Font Art Drawing Paper

See less See more
#6 ·
Great story, Gramps! Has anyone come across or purchased any of the Madison-painted passenger cars that reportedly were done in the late 50s or early 60s? I read somewhere that Madison ran its own line of Lionel "Madison"-type cars lettered for the Pennsy and also the Wabash? I believe I even read that the great Len Carparelli worked for Madison for a while and while there did some painting for them. Would love to hear more about that. Some died-in-the-wool collectors hate the idea that any Lionel product could have come from anywhere other than good 'ol Joisey, but so much stuff is now out there trying to be authentic that isn't, or big-time collectible, like 700-dollar torn boxes housing a common #3656 corral, it makes me cringe...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.