Hamburg Pa. June 2nd - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Train Shows, Events
Forgotten your password?

Train Shows, Events Tell us about upcoming train show events in your neck of the woods.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
Trussman
Hobo

Hamburg Pa. June 2nd

Hamburg Pa. train meet this June 2nd, 9am-1pm.
I was at the meet back in January, it was packed. I picked up a MTH GG1 at an extremely good price.
The next meet at Hamburg will be July 28 th.
Trussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #2
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
I haven’t been to Hamburg for a few years for the reason you mentioned (narrow aisles packed with people). I wish they would make the aisles one way like York.

But I’m thinking about going to this one. I will also probably stop at the Reading Historical Society and the RBMN yard in Port Clinton while I’m there.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #3
Trussman
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh74 View Post
I havenít been to Hamburg for a few years for the reason you mentioned (narrow aisles packed with people). I wish they would make the aisles one way like York.

But Iím thinking about going to this one. I will also probably stop at the Reading Historical Society and the RBMN yard in Port Clinton while Iím there.

Did you make it to the meet ?
I picked up 3 MTH mobile home and a few other trinkets.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:33 PM   #4
Lehigh74
Station Master

I didn't. They were calling for heavy rain in the afternoon and I didn't feel like driving the NE extension home in it. But I'm thinking I might go the end of July.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:20 PM   #5
Trussman
Hobo

Quote:
I didn't. They were calling for heavy rain in the afternoon and I didn't feel like driving the NE extension home in it. But I'm thinking I might go the end of July.
Nahh I wouldn't wanna drive the ne extension in heavy rain either.
Suprisingly it wasn't crowded, mostly prices looked reasonable.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:15 PM   #6
Lehigh74
Station Master

The summer Hamburg meet is this coming Sunday (July 28) so I thought I would give this thread a bump. I think I might go.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
Lehigh74
Station Master

Havenít been to this meet in at least a few years. The last time I went it was too crowded and the aisles were too narrow. Today I was pleasantly surprised that it was not at all crowded (maybe because I got a late start) and the aisles were not too narrow (probably because there were fewer vendors). Got some good bargains. I think the guys were giving good prices because they didn't want to pack the stuff up. Three Marx cars, three LV 6456 hoppers and an MTH EMD box car. I already have about a dozen 6456 hoppers, but I can always use a few more. Then I went down the street to the Reading Historical Society, got a yard tour, a book, a calendar and my new favorite hat. Best part of the meet was seeing Harry Henning 2 and 3 and hearing that Harry 3 is out of the woods.

IMG_4032 (2).JPG

IMG_4034 (2).JPG

IMG_4035 (2).JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG
Old 07-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #8
Trussman
Hobo

Quote:
Havenít been to this meet in at least a few years. The last time I went it was too crowded and the aisles were too narrow. Today I was pleasantly surprised that it was not at all crowded (maybe because I got a late start) and the aisles were not too narrow (probably because there were fewer vendors). Got some good bargains. I think the guys were giving good prices because they didn't want to pack the stuff up. Three Marx cars, three LV 6456 hoppers and an MTH EMD box car. I already have about a dozen 6456 hoppers, but I can always use a few more. Then I went down the street to the Reading Historical Society, got a yard tour, a book, a calendar and my new favorite hat. Best part of the meet was seeing Harry Henning 2 and 3 and hearing that Harry 3 is out of the woods.

Attachment 503790

Attachment 503792

Attachment 503794

Attachment 503796

Attachment 503798

I got there about 9:15, yep, not crowded easy walking around, also a lot of empty tables. Most prices were very reasonable.
I picked up a very nice Lionel postwar 2559 Budd car at a good price.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #9
mustangcobra94
Conductor

Scales Modeled: ho and n scale
september 8th train show

thought I would bump this thread for the sept. 8 th fall show at the Hamburg fire co. field house 9 till 1
mustangcobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #10
Trussman
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcobra94 View Post
thought I would bump this thread for the sept. 8 th fall show at the Hamburg fire co. field house 9 till 1

Did you do ?
I went, it wasn't that crowed. I bought a pw Lionel 400 and 404 Budd cars at very reasonable prices.