Any Bike people - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Union Station
Forgotten your password?

Union Station Off topic discussions - take a load off after a busy day of model railroading.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #11
Nikola
Dispatcher

76 Honda CX500 and a 70-ish Peugeot 10 speed (have owned it since then and still ride it weekly).

My Peugeot - repainted with black Imron circa 1982 - this picture was taken about a month ago:

20190422_072311.jpg

Last edited by Nikola; 05-24-2019 at 07:05 PM..
Nikola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #12
Nikola
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
I take the public trails on a Red Public bike. 27" frame, 8 speed internal gears, and center pull brakes. It's a nice bike.

Attachment 496168
That is a nice bike.

Picture it in olive drab with a brown leather rifle scabbard.

Wow.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:58 AM   #13
highvoltage
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O, O27
2003 Honda Goldwing. But low miles, need to get out more:

DSCN3078.JPG
highvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2019, 05:59 AM   #14
Lee Willis
Train Master

Scales Modeled: O-Gauge
Not in 35 years. When I got married, I "traded vices" with my wife. She gave up smoking, and I gave up two-wheelers.

Prior to that, going back to early teens, I had Vespa motor scooters when very young and various bikes until I was in my early 30s. My favorite bike was the Kawasaki KZ1300. I was not into hyper-bikes and street speed that much, but I loved the idea of that water-cooled, DOHC straight six engine - basically a tiny XKE engine. I always wanted to put one in an Austin Healey Sprite, but it was always a project that was just out of reach for one reason or another.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #15
Spence
Yard Master

Scales Modeled: O
I use to ride. My last bike was a 1979 Yamaha Special. I gave up riding in 1987 for personal reasons and swore I'd never get on one again.
Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
Nikola
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Willis View Post
Not in 35 years. When I got married, I "traded vices" with my wife. She gave up smoking, and I gave up two-wheelers.

Prior to that, going back to early teens, I had Vespa motor scooters when very young and various bikes until I was in my early 30s. My favorite bike was the Kawasaki KZ1300. I was not into hyper-bikes and street speed that much, but I loved the idea of that water-cooled, DOHC straight six engine - basically a tiny XKE engine. I always wanted to put one in an Austin Healey Sprite, but it was always a project that was just out of reach for one reason or another.
I happen to have a good XK engine that is no longer needed. I had it as a spare when I was into Jags. PM me if you would like to get that engine swap going - will make you a good deal on it as I just need it gone. It is complete with all externals and came out of a running vehicle - been stored properly indoors and remains so.

IMG_6613.JPG
Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #17
Robes
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: Mostly HO,... and a bunch of XMAS "O" and 027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
76 Honda CX500 and a 70-ish Peugeot 10 speed (have owned it since then and still ride it weekly).

My Peugeot - repainted with black Imron circa 1982 - this picture was taken about a month ago:

Attachment 496808
Nikola,... I bought a used Peugeot for my oldest son back in the late 80's. It was well rode. It took about six hours and a lot of dish detergent (great grease cutter) to find out the bike was white! It only has the rear derailleur but it is geared stupid crazy. My son is a pedal masher which made it perfect for him. The frame is steel (again,.. .good for a pedal masher) and is ONE-HELL-OF-A bike! Have not seen another like it until your picture!

Life is like a horse. If it throws you, you either get back on and ride the hell out of it or stand behind it and shovel.
Robes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #18
Nikola
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
Nikola,... I bought a used Peugeot for my oldest son back in the late 80's. It was well rode. It took about six hours and a lot of dish detergent (great grease cutter) to find out the bike was white! It only has the rear derailleur but it is geared stupid crazy. My son is a pedal masher which made it perfect for him. The frame is steel (again,.. .good for a pedal masher) and is ONE-HELL-OF-A bike! Have not seen another like it until your picture!
Thanks! Mine was originally white as well. I stripped it all down, sandblasted the frame, and had a local body shop (believe it or not, a local Ferrari dealer!) prime and topcoat with Imron. It has stood up pretty well. For some reason the steering has become uber-twitchy and I am not sure why.

Good luck with yours! I hope your son gets great use out of it and keeps it for his son someday.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #19
D&J Railroad
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO only and some G scale stuff for display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
... For some reason the steering has become uber-twitchy and I am not sure why. ...

Usually a strange acting steering is due to the neck bearings needing servicing or replacement.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:31 PM   #20
Nikola
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&J Railroad View Post
Usually a strange acting steering is due to the neck bearings needing servicing or replacement.
Yes, I should open it up and look inside. Good reminder, thanks!