peco code 100 set tracks - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > HO Scale
Forgotten your password?

HO Scale Discussion of HO scale model trains.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
foreverautistic
Hobo

peco code 100 set tracks

hello iam new here before i start with question so you know my spelling and grammer really sucks i didnt get to go a real school but i not get all in it i hope you not mind and hope you can read it on most forums people was very crued to me ok question
i droping bachmann and going peco -to many derails lol
i will use code 100 set tracks and electofrog turnouts
i know the code 83 no settracks and non electrofrogs
i cant find list of all peco code 100 settrack they make i googge it nothing
i perfer not use flex track i head it sometimes hard deal with
need the stright and curved tracks
also do they make small curved and stright tracks
sorry i cant send photos of my layout
because i not have computer i on my smart tv
i have main line with 11 turnouts for my rail yard
but i love this layout
stacey
thank you for let me join you forum
foreverautistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Stacey,

Welcome! We get all types here, and all are welcome. Your posts are a little difficult to read, but not impossible. Give it your best and we'll figure it out.

Perhaps you could give us a little more background on what you have used before, and why you decided on Peco Set Track for a replacement. It would also help to know where you are. Most of the Peco sold in the United States is Peco's Code 83 Streamline track, so if we understood exactly what you were looking for, and could recommend a substitute.

If you have your heart set on the Set Track, the best thing to do would be to obtain a catalog directly from Peco (they want £4.95 for it, which probably helps explain why you can't find a listing of everything that's available).

If you're in the US, Atlas Snap Track in code 100 is fine. Their turnouts aren't great quality, but you can use other brands of turnouts with their track. The biggest problem you will have is that no turnouts from another manufacturer will be exactly the same geometry as the Bachmann ones you are replacing, so you will need to fiddle with the design a bit to get things to line up. To that end, flex track works wonders, and contrary to what you have heard, it isn't hard to use.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
Dennis461
Engineer

Is this it?
https://tonystrains.com/product/peco...og-5th-edition

And the walthers online shopping provides a good sorted display.
https://www.walthers.com/products/la...urer-name/peco

By the way, flex track in 36" sections is not that hard to work with.
One trick is to connect and solder two pieces together while straight. The apply it starting in the middle, and after nailing/gluing it down, cut the two ends square again.
Dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2019, 12:10 AM   #4
Atlanta
Brakeman

Peco has got three different track systems in H0/00 Gauge of 16,5 mm.

The set track in Code 100 = 2,5 mm has insulated and electro frogs. It is desighned on british prototypes.

The peco Code 83 = 2,1 mm Streamline does not have insulated frogs, it has electro frogs, only. It is based upon US American prototypes. Not all turnouts or crossings are still available. Inside the frog gaps it have got insertion fillings, so that smaller diameter wheels will not fall into the gap of the frog. Itdoes not have sections of tracks and curves, it has got flex tracks only. NEM Wheels cannot run through crossings or turnouts, their wheelflanges are too high.

The Peco Code 75 = 1,9 mm Streamline tracks are based upon british prototypes, too
This tracksystem does have flex tracks, only and a wide varity of different turnouts or crossings with insulated or electro frogs.

If you will use the peco turnouts with any other switchmachine than you need to remove the little leaf spring (small metal stripe) on switching tie. It is desighned to hold the peco lectrics double coil turnout motor in end position.
Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
MichaelE
Dispatcher

I have two code 83 Peco turnouts on a siding that have never given any trouble with NEM wheel sets.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
foreverautistic
Hobo

peco tracks

sorry i take long time reply running internet on tv like run real old computer

@ctvallyrr

1 i running bachmnn but have trouble with trains derail on its turnouts

dennis461

1 yes that is book i need but when i try order it it said sold out
even thought it say before i put in shopoping cart it had 19 left
just my luck figgers Qqq

atlanta

if peco turnouts not good then is altas turnouts better
last question

what is ho/oo i look for ho tracks i dont know what ho/oo is i like ho imy locs and train cars go on ho Q

dont know about that book how i can get one
Old 05-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #7
Atlanta
Brakeman

Atlas Code 100 or better Code 83 is a much cheaper but well quality, their frogs can be electrificated if you'll doing it, it is up to you.

I use some of their crossings.

Onto my projects I want a lower rail hight than code 100 so any tracks like Rocoline what is nearly similar to Atlas works very well, for me.

For myself it does not matter if the prototype tracks are british or US American, the stupid central european people here don't know the differences.
Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:42 PM   #8
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverautistic View Post
sorry i take long time reply running internet on tv like run real old computer
No worries. Take your time. It's not a race.

Quote:
@ctvallyrr

1 i running bachmnn but have trouble with trains derail on its turnouts
Yes, but WHAT Bachmann? EZ Track with molded roadbed, or something else? If you're using roadbed track, do you want to stick with it? It's also possible that it isn't the turnouts themselves, but the cars you're trying to run through them.

Quote:
dennis461

1 yes that is book i need but when i try order it it said sold out
even thought it say before i put in shopoping cart it had 19 left
just my luck figgers Qqq

dont know about that book how i can get one
The physical book isn't worth the time and effort. Just use the website.

Quote:
atlanta

if peco turnouts not good then is altas turnouts better
He didn't say they were no good. Peco and Walthers have the best turnouts available. There are some tricks to using them, however. Atlas is better than Bachmann, but still have some issues.

Quote:
last question

what is ho/oo i look for ho tracks i dont know what ho/oo is i like ho imy locs and train cars go on ho Q
OO is a different scale (1:76) which is popular in England, where Peco is located. However, it uses the same track as HO, so it's nothing to worry about. Some track sold in Europe is marked HO/OO, but it's the same stuff you get in the US.

Hope that helps.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #9
traction fan
Station Master

Scales Modeled: N
West Welcome aboard!

Quote:
hello iam new here before i start with question so you know my spelling and grammer really sucks i didnt get to go a real school but i not get all in it i hope you not mind and hope you can read it on most forums people was very crued to me ok question
i droping bachmann and going peco -to many derails lol
i will use code 100 set tracks and electofrog turnouts
i know the code 83 no settracks and non electrofrogs
i cant find list of all peco code 100 settrack they make i googge it nothing
i perfer not use flex track i head it sometimes hard deal with
need the stright and curved tracks
also do they make small curved and stright tracks
sorry i cant send photos of my layout
because i not have computer i on my smart tv
i have main line with 11 turnouts for my rail yard
but i love this layout
stacey
thank you for let me join you forum

Stacy;

Welcome to our forum! I'm sorry to hear that you were treated rudely on another forum. Some people have no class, and act stupidly. This is a very friendly and easy-going forum. I think you will find that you will be treated much better here.

You, just like every other modeler, can build your layout any way you want, and with whatever brand of track you wish. However, it can also be possible to fix your present Bachmann turnouts, so that they don't cause so many derailments. The files below have some information on turnouts, that may help you. The one called "Improving Atlas turnouts" contains some measurements and fixes, that can be used on other brands of turnouts, not just Atlas. Maybe, by using this information, you could fix the Bachmann turnouts you have. If you do not want to do that, then using Peco turnouts is an excellent idea. Peco makes very good quality and very reliable, turnouts that seldom cause any derailments.

You can use sectional track (the straight & curved pieces) if you want. I don't understand what problems you have had with flex track though. Most of us use flex track, and don't have any problems with it; but that doesn't mean that you have to use it if you don't want to. On your railroad, you are the boss. You can use whatever you want.

Good luck, and Have fun!

Traction Fan

All AboutTurnouts rev 4.pdf

Improving Atlas turnouts pdf version.pdf
Old 05-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
foreverautistic
Hobo

1st i like say thank you all for helping and the kindness

2 it bachmann ez siver nickel but lets fot get about bach
im done with it take a hike bachmann hehehe

3 i will stay with all peco

4 someone said on other formu that peco code 83 dose not
have settrack or electrofrogs

4 if true then i go with peco code 100

5 i still have to save money to buy it

6 u see i on ssdi my home care person <its like foster home but i pay room borad i get only 100 fromit but i also do 2 days work pease work
but i can do it like i spend much for bachmann

6 oh heres one for u @ctvalleyrr
specking of ct vallley i know CVH in mideltown ct <they was not bad places and i was safe from abusve dad>
reason back in 70s when i was little at 10 <because they not know very little about autism i was place in children unit of cvh/riverview hospitel for childern> at 14 i was moved to adalescent unit of cvh <russell hall then they moved us to merden ct at the old undercliff asmum

but anyway if u can send messages on here ill tell u more this formu for trains not like this hehe i figger it be interresting being u from ct

again i cant say how much u all help me so much once i deside ether code 83 or 100 all that left is to save and buy

Last edited by foreverautistic; 05-26-2019 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: fix errors