Model Train Forum banner

DC Mini Throttle Panel Now Available!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KE4NYV 
#1 ·
Our DC Mini Throttle Panel is now available. It's a compact DC throttle in a panel form factor. Great for fascia or table top mounting. Designed to be small and compact for portable layouts. Uses AC voltage input, so you choose the appropriate voltage and current for your scale. We have a table on our website with links to adapters that we have tested with the panel. Speed control, direction and a front panel power input jack. Please see our website for complete details and to order yours today!

http://www.rpc-electronics.com/dcminithrottle.php

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions!

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting.

I'm building a HO track module now with a similar small footprint controller for a turntable. Clockwise, counterclockwise, speed, and OFF (to ensure output power is really off).

Seems to me your input could be AC or DC, correct?
I see how you described the front AC input for ease of connection, but why not have a rear entry option for the input, keeping wires away from the front?

#3 ·
AC input only. This is using a method of half-rectified AC to pulse the output MOSFET. Very simple, but effective. I worked on several DC PWM designs, but none of them were working the way I wanted, so I decided to step back and go with this design. It made for a more compact, easy to produce throttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.