Model Train Forum banner

1st Place

4K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  flyernut 
#1 ·
Took 1st place in the 1932-1949 class at today's Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic

Wood Tool accessory Hardwood
car show.. 2 more shows tomorrow.

See less See more
#2 ·
Outstanding, and great looking car. Now to see what tomorrow brings. Then you can get back to the 1668 loco...LOL!!:smilie_auslachen:

#8 ·
It is totally original, right down to the spare tire. Original paint, interior, drive train, hubcaps, and owners manual. That's why I took first place, it's because of the originality of it. There were nicer cars in my class... And yes NY has historic plates, but I cheapened out and went for regular plates.

#11 ·
Even the curb feelers are original?

How'd you keep it so pristine so long? :appl:

#20 ·
Congrats flyernut. Nice cars. My brother had a nice original '36 chevy. It was cool to go riding around with him. It drove people nuts. Everybody had to comment at red lights.
Of coarse they all had to guess what year and what it was. It had a single back up light and it did
not work. An old chevy dealership here actually had an old backup switch that went into the transmission.
They said they had it forever and didn't want to throw it away. That fixed the light.

#26 ·
Congratulations!

Beautiful car! I am new to this forum, but I too won a 1st place at a Lion's Club car show in my area with my 1973 TR6. I like your trophy. Very cool. I am the original owner, but my car is not original as yours. I added alot more bling and HP.I did a complete and total resto. It took 6 years to complete, but I am very proud of my work. It was very rewarding. AF trains are not as difficult but can be just as frustrating.

Attachments

#31 ·
Beautiful car! I am new to this forum, but I too won a 1st place at a Lion's Club car show in my area with my 1973 TR6. I like your trophy. Very cool. I am the original owner, but my car is not original as yours. I added alot more bling and HP.I did a complete and total resto. It took 6 years to complete, but I am very proud of my work. It was very rewarding. AF trains are not as difficult but can be just as frustrating.
Nice job!!! This is another of my cars... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.