Model Train Forum banner

Need information about the Strasburg Railroad coach paint schemes

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DonR 
#1 · (Edited)
:confused: Strasburg Railroad passenger coaches are currently painted maroon with black roofs and the railroad has used that color scheme for a considerable number of years. What I need to know is during what year(s) were Strasburg's passenger cars painted yellow with black roofs and during what year(s) were they painted green with black roofs? I've looked at the Strasburg Railroad website and also a few books on the history of the Strasburg Railroad but haven't been able to determine exactly when the passenger cars were painted yellow, and when they were painted green. Somebody, please let me know. Thanks in advance :)

Btw, which of the colors, yellow or green, were used for the most years by the railroad and were there years when coaches of both colors were in service - if so, during what years?

#5 ·
Since I received no definitive responses the first time I posted this, I'm giving it a reboot and asking again if anyone has information about the colors of coaches used by the Strasburg Railroad? I know Strasburg Railroad coaches at one time had been painted green and there was also another time when they were painted yellow but does anyone know during what years these colors were used? Also, were there years when both green coaches and yellow coaches were used together in the same consist pulled behind the same locomotive?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.