peco code 100 set tracks - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > HO Scale
Forgotten your password?

HO Scale Discussion of HO scale model trains.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #11
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverautistic View Post
1st i like say thank you all for helping and the kindness

2 it bachmann ez siver nickel but lets fot get about bach
im done with it take a hike bachmann hehehe

3 i will stay with all peco

4 someone said on other formu that peco code 83 dose not
have settrack or electrofrogs

4 if true then i go with peco code 100

5 i still have to save money to buy it

6 u see i on ssdi my home care person <its like foster home but i pay room borad i get only 100 fromit but i also do 2 days work pease work
but i can do it like i spend much for bachmann

6 oh heres one for u @ctvalleyrr
specking of ct vallley i know CVH in mideltown ct <they was not bad places and i was safe from abusve dad>
reason back in 70s when i was little at 10 <because they not know very little about autism i was place in children unit of cvh/riverview hospitel for childern> at 14 i was moved to adalescent unit of cvh <russell hall then they moved us to merden ct at the old undercliff asmum

but anyway if u can send messages on here ill tell u more this formu for trains not like this hehe i figger it be interresting being u from ct

again i cant say how much u all help me so much once i deside ether code 83 or 100 all that left is to save and buy
I'm glad you had a good experience at the CT Valley Hospital. Sadly, it has been going through some rough times lately. My son just served on the jury for a man who was convicted or abusing one of the patients there. He was convicted on 13 of 15 counts.

Are you still in Connecticut? Several active members here are from CT.

Peco Set Track is simply what they call their Code 100 track. The code 83 is called Streamline. You could either. As far as I know, both versions have insulfrog and electrofrog models. The Streamline does for sure.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019, 07:46 PM   #12
foreverautistic
Hobo

cvh

no i dont live in ct anymore
yes a lot has changed all adalescent units and HAH the adalestcent children at rvh now i know the blu 1 blu 2 in the old silvermine building are not there anymore and the cottages a b and c i think they no longer use and its most girls now i forget after the adalescent uint in merden ct i gone to eagelton school in great berrington ma
i know this may sound dumb but if i had time machine i set it on forever loop when i gone to rvh and day before i left eagelton
reason thoght my whole adult life even now SUCKS
i been taking advange of use and verberble abuse and
so on i hate my lift but i will always love my trains
my respect worker takes me to old train station and i see real fright train when they come in i even made a friend with one of the engentneers his name mike sooooo cool
my other favret hobby is FISHING oh yeahhh
anyway
i been looking on diffent sites and
i cant find code 83 elecrofrogs or settrack for them

i even look on amazon and ebay its ether flex track and insurfrog
did i miss something im a bit confused on it

anyway i still need go hobby shop to see the sizes and what i need buy then i can order it on ebay i cant on amazon i been baned from there and my account is locked

you see i like to try and keep same layout i have so i try and get same size stright curved and turnouts or about the same size idont know if they have short stright and curved track like bach has

HAPPY HOLIDAY and to our vets and service people too

Last edited by foreverautistic; 05-26-2019 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: fixed errors
foreverautistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:40 AM   #13
traction fan
Station Master

Scales Modeled: N
West Cutting track

Quote:
no i dont live in ct anymore
yes a lot has changed all adalescent units and HAH the adalestcent children at rvh now i know the blu 1 blu 2 in the old silvermine building are not there anymore and the cottages a b and c i think they no longer use and its most girls now i forget after the adalescent uint in merden ct i gone to eagelton school in great berrington ma
i know this may sound dumb but if i had time machine i set it on forever loop when i gone to rvh and day before i left eagelton
reason thoght my whole adult life even now SUCKS
i been taking advange of use and verberble abuse and
so on i hate my lift but i will always love my trains
my respect worker takes me to old train station and i see real fright train when they come in i even made a friend with one of the engentneers his name mike sooooo cool
my other favret hobby is FISHING oh yeahhh
anyway
i been looking on diffent sites and
i cant find code 83 elecrofrogs or settrack for them

i even look on amazon and ebay its ether flex track and insurfrog
did i miss something im a bit confused on it

anyway i still need go hobby shop to see the sizes and what i need buy then i can order it on ebay i cant on amazon i been baned from there and my account is locked

you see i like to try and keep same layout i have so i try and get same size stright curved and turnouts or about the same size idont know if they have short stright and curved track like bach has

HAPPY HOLIDAY and to our vets and service people too
Foreverautistic;

If you can't find the same size straight and curved pieces in Peco, to replace the Bachmann track, there is another way to get the sizes you want. If you buy a piece of flex track and a tool to cut the track, then you can cut any length of track that you need. Two good cutting tools are called "Rail Nippers" and "Xuron" brand diagonal cutting pliers. Both are simple hand tools that cut right through the rails neatly. You may also need some small files to clean up any rough spots on the cut ends of the rails.
The Bachmann EZ-track you have is mounted on top of a piece of gray plastic "roadbed."
Peco track, and most other track, does not have the plastic roadbed piece under it. If you want roadbed for the Peco track, you can buy cork, or foam roadbed separately. If you want to connect the Peco track to the Bachmann track, the cork or foam roadbed can be used to match the height of the Bachmann EZ-track.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a hard life. I hope that things will get better for you. Have fun with your trains! If you have any more questions about track or trains, just ask, we will be glad to help.

Traction Fan

Old 05-27-2019, 04:52 AM   #14
foreverautistic
Hobo

bachmanns turnout switches

oh also i forgot i have both direction switch boxed
type a and b
type a <i have 6> i read can burnout the turnouts if not careful
and it dont always switch to where i want it
now type b < i have 5> 4 of the 5 dont work > and it cost arond 68 bucks for each turnout it cost to much to buy the track just for switch and i call them they said it be a long time and with back orders and only sell just type a
i take to the rEPAIR SERVICE and she said they only repair trains
but she said she had 3 in her desk and send to me w:ell its been 2 weeks and nothing i give that lying Lady and bachman 2

so yes i am gonnas replace that with peco

also once i replace all bach tracks turnouts with peco and save more because i want go dcc
it get borning only get run one loc for my layout Main Line and a nice railyard
its about 9 12 feet by about 7 12 ft wide

◀--------▶

|
|

Last edited by foreverautistic; 05-27-2019 at 05:31 PM..
Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #15
traction fan
Station Master

Scales Modeled: N
West DCC "friendly", "compatible", Etc. turnouts

Quote:
oh also i forgot i have both direction switch boxed
type a and b
type a <i have 6> i read can burnout the turnouts if not careful
and it dont always switch to where i want it
now type b < i have 5> 4 of the 5 dont work > and it cost arond 68 bucks for each turnout it cost to much to buy the track just for switch and i call them they said it be a long time and with back orders and only sell just type a
i take to the rEPAIR SERVICE and she said they only repair trains
but she said she had 3 in her desk and send to me w:ell its been 2 weeks and nothing i give that lying Lady and bachman 2

so yes i am gonnas replace that with peco

also once i replace all bach tracks turnouts with peco and save more because i want go dcc
it get borning only get run one loc for my layout Main Line and a nice railyard
its about 9 12 feet by about 7 12 ft wide

◀--------▶

|
|
Foreverautistic;

It sounds like you have a good-sized layout at 12-1/2 feet by 9-1/2 feet. I wonder how you can get to all areas of that big a layout, for track cleaning and re-railing trains. Can you get to all four sides of your layout? Or does it have an open area in the middle?

I have never used Bachmann EZ-Track turnouts, but I have heard a lot about them here on the forum. Nearly everything said about those Bachmann EZ-Track turnouts was bad, mostly derailment issues. Now you tell me that they cost over $60 each! That's outrageous!
Peco's excellent turnouts retail price is about $30 each, and you can often buy them for less than that.
This is one of the disadvantages of using a"roadbed" track system, like Bachmann's EZ-Track, or Kato's "Unitrack." Since EZ-Track is designed to connect only to more EZ-Track, you are hooked on Bachmann's track, including Bachmann's turnouts, whether good or bad, and at whatever price they want to charge. However, it is possible to adapt roadbed track to connect to either sectional track or flex track. So If you want to replaced the Bachmann turnouts, and still use the Bachmann track you have already paid for, you could do so.
I know you want to switch over to all Peco track and turnouts, and that's good. Peco track and turnouts are both excellent.
If someone wanted to use a roadbed track, then Kato Unitrack is much better quality, including Kato turnouts. Kato Unitrack also has a lot more different shapes and sizes of track pieces available. Their only disadvantage is cost. Kato Unitrack is the most expensive brand of roadbed track.
Peco, and other brands of sectional, (and flex) track are designed so that they can can be easily connected to each other. So someone could use Peco turnouts, and Atlas sectional track pieces, for example.

Turnouts that use "twin-coil" switch machines (Atlas, Peco, Bachmann, and Kato) can burn out a coil if the button that operates the turnout is held down more than a second or two. To prevent this burnout, you can use a control button called a "Stapleton 751D" This turnout control contains a circuit called a "Capacitive Discharge Unit, or CDU. This feature makes it impossible to burnout a coil, even if the button is held down too long, or the button itself shorts out. (Atlas blue buttons, that come with their turnouts, have sometimes shorted, and burned out a coil.)

Going to DCC is a good idea. I recommend the "NCE Powercab" DCC controller system. It is very simple to hook up since all the electronics are in one compact, hand-held unit. You just connect two wires from the track to the NCE Powercab. The NCE Powercab costs about $200, but you can sometimes find discounts. Compared to most other DCC systems, that's actually a pretty low price. I use the NCE Powercab on my layout, and I like it a lot. Easy to use, easy to program, and easy to hook up. It has all the features of more expensive systems and it's affordable too.
Your locomotives will each need to have a DCC decoder inside them. The easy way to do this is to buy a locomotive with DCC already installed at the factory. Most such locomotives have DCC decoders that control only the motor, and headlight. This is fine for running more than one locomotive, on the same track. It's also possible to buy locomotives with DCC, and sound on-board. These locomotives will be advertised as having sound, and will cost more. The sounds include chuff chuff sound for steam locomotives, diesel engine sounds, couplers clashing, bells and whistles or air horns.
The locomotive you have now may be converted to DCC by installing a DCC decoder. If you're good at soldering, you can do this yourself. If you prefer, you can pay someone to do it for you.

good luck, & have fun!

Traction Fan
Old 05-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #16
foreverautistic
Hobo

USA peco code 83 and 100

1st i like say thank you for reply back
its about 7 1/2 feet by 9 1/2 ft dorry for error its on my floor in my bedroom i have loft bed for more room again back wall
i have small bridge over the bottom rail of loft bed using strcky briks
on one side it go under my loftbed ladder
2 i read code 83 is just flex and insurfrongs on ebay and hobby shops online
that why i desided to go with code 100 i be gettinmg 100 bucks from ssdi
and check for peace work i do 2 times week

3 then i have my respect worker tske me to hobby shop so i can buy one
settracks stright and curved track and turnouts curved and stright i need see the 3 sizes because
i can make same layout as i have now
i love it got main line with 4 railyard tracks
1 of 4 go around next to mail line and is dead end at my boneyard traincars

4 3 turnouts curved go in to yard and 3 turnout cruved go back out to main line

5 i have 5 trunout stright go to each rail in the yard

its really cool and i did layout my self if i had computer i chuold send video of it but i dont anymore i just on my smart tv use internet cant do much but someday i hope have one and i can send video of it

i also have 2 bach train sets i make as one make it in cork screw as one
i use stricky brik as brightes for it