Helping an elderly relative - Page 5 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > N Scale
Forgotten your password?

N Scale Atlas, Life-Like, Graham Farish, Micro-Trains, Minitrix and other N scale discussion.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #41
Half Throttle
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid View Post
very cool indeed..... how about a pic ... i love helping people just to see that joy in there face is over welming .
AARGH....my PhotoBuckete account is full. To delete photos I will have to pay a months subscription in order to login...
Half Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #42
Half Throttle
Hobo

FT is 89 years of age. Due to memory impairment he must live in an assisted living center. He suffers from depression and is often morose. This Kato N gauge train set has been a God send to him. He has something to focus on and anticipation of things to arrive in the mail Again, FT and I thank all of you that have contributed to this success. If you pass through Oklahoma City, send me a PM if you would like to drop by. He is really pretty decent company most of the time.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #43
sid
Engineer

Scales Modeled: N
he sure looks happy . nice lil table lay out too.
sid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2019, 02:00 AM   #44
Half Throttle
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid View Post
he sure looks happy . nice lil table lay out too.
The smile is genuine....he really does enjoy the simple layout. It offers him some challenges but he can pick and choose.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #45
lyrics 51
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: HO
What a great story! I work with older folks a little bit and I had never heard of a relatively complex hobby having this effect! Thank you so much for posting!
lyrics 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #46
Half Throttle
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrics 51 View Post
What a great story! I work with older folks a little bit and I had never heard of a relatively complex hobby having this effect! Thank you so much for posting!
I think it is similar to jig saw puzzles it that regard.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #47
Half Throttle
Hobo

Just a note to keep in touch and to again thank all of you for your help. This train set has been a real success. Full Throttle is often found working on his hobby set when I come to visit. My mother frequently buys him small items to add to the collection. A local hobby store has become a great day trip activity for him, the owner of the store knows his situation and makes certain that his purchases are in line with his layout.

Hope ya'll get a warm fuzzy from this. I do.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #48
sid
Engineer

Scales Modeled: N
Thank you for update . This is just wonderful. very happy he has such caring people. many of our elderly have been put to the way side an forgotten about. It brings one great joy to see people helping the elderly. he looks like he really enjoys this . very positive .
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #49
prrfan
Conductor

Scales Modeled: HO
Excellent to hear and see, Half Throttle. All of us are glad we could help, but it was your efforts and action that pulled it off.
All the best to you and Full Throttle.
prrfan is online now   Reply With Quote