my new layout begins slooowly - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > N Scale
Forgotten your password?

N Scale Atlas, Life-Like, Graham Farish, Micro-Trains, Minitrix and other N scale discussion.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
sid
Engineer

Scales Modeled: N
my new layout begins slooowly

hahah i built a table for my new layout (just a part of it) im not finished with remodel yet , but managed to get a piece of table done 5'6" long 2' wide. im trying drywall for a top . got the idea from model railroad some where back in time. haha any who i was thinking 5/8's would hold up nice, but im rethinking that 1/2 inch will work just fine an dandy. i put on a test piece and its pretty dang stout for being loose rock basically . thin stuff wont hold up but half inch will i believe pretty good . i put my weight on it and it didnt even flinch , but now if i did that on the edge it will prob crack and break. but its strong enough for what im building on it.. I mean hey look at your ceilings there sheetrock and nailed or screwed on to 2x4s or 2x6 set at 2 feet apart. so im gunna try this out. its cheaper than ply wood . ya its a bit heavy but not much more than ply wood. im thinking im gunna cover this whole thing in green felt cloth (the stuff from walmart) as i remember a while back i had done this to part of a layout and then i saw someone else use it to cover there layout with and i kinda liked it easy and simple. any who i need to finish my remodel so i can finish building more tables fer me train layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190820_124209.jpg (496.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20190820_124216.jpg (352.2 KB, 5 views)
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #2
bl665
Hobo

Get foam and have it go through the wall !!!
bl665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Unfortunately, the OP will probably not see your suggestion. He got all fired up over a non-existant issue (he thought someone was deleting his posts, despite reassurances to the contrary) about a month ago and quit the forum.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2019, 01:20 AM   #4
bl665
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTValleyRR View Post
Unfortunately, the OP will probably not see your suggestion. He got all fired up over a non-existant issue (he thought someone was deleting his posts, despite reassurances to the contrary) about a month ago and quit the forum.
Oh wow ok thanks
bl665 is offline   Reply With Quote