Why Do I Get Logged Out Automatically? - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Forum News, Updates and Help
Forgotten your password?

Forum News, Updates and Help MTF News and Updates will be posted here. Feedback is welcome. Have a question about how the forum works? Post here!

Old 10-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #11
vs-Admin
Engineer

When you sign into the site, do you hit the "Remember Me" check box? If no, make sure you do next time and see if you still get dropped

Kevin
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #12
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
Just logged out and then in with the "Remember Me?" check box. I'll let you know if that changes things.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #13
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
If that box wasn't checked, that would certainly explain it! I never even thought to mention that option...
gunrunnerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #14
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
FYI, I just did a "cleanup" and deleted all my cookies and temp files. When I came back... YEP, I had to login.
gunrunnerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #15
MichaelE
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO
If you use a browser or system cleaner that operates at startup or shutdown that does not, or you have not programmed to save your log in passwords at frequented websites, it will erase any log in credentials.

Most browsers have a save function that will save and remember a log in password for a site you tell it to save when you first sign up.

It should offer this function automatically when you sign up on a new web site unless you have disabled it in the options menu.

Many browser and system cleaners today will also save any log in passwords and user names that you tell it to save even from one upgrade to the next.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #16
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
I haven't been logged out since I checked the remember me box. I general don't ask my browser or individual sites to remember my password, but I guess I will with MTF.

Thanks Kevin.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #17
MichaelE
Dispatcher

If your operating system is Windows 10, this can also be caused by the automatic updates that Microshaft forces upon Windows users.

In many cases, it also resets many security, personal, and website settings that were in effect before the forced update.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #18
CTValleyRR
Train Master

See my membership date? I have been logged in continuously since. I have logged out exactly once: when they made us upgrade to hypersecure passwords (with more stringent requirements than even my bank; what Vertical Scope is protecting I can't guess).

And FWIW, my OS has been upgraded I don't know how many times during that period.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #19
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S gauge
Yesterday I logged in and checked the box. This morning I am still logged in, issue fixed. It is interesting that MTF is the only site that the keep logged in box needs to be checked. There must be something different in the basic configuration used for MTF that is different from other sites that use VS as the platform.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #20
vs-Admin
Engineer

Our settings are such that login cookies will expire after 2hrs of inactivity and you'll be signed out, but checking that box turns that feature off.

Kevin
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote