The MTF's O Scale Section Compared to Other O Scale Forums - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
Spence
Yard Master

Scales Modeled: O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugman View Post
I have gotten a lot out of my participation in the various forums in spite of the disruptions that are bound to occur. I visit all of them, usually daily.

Because of the OGR forum, I have met a lot of train friends that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I enjoy the photos, technical help, and the buy/sell features.

This forum appears to be settling back down to what it was before all the ruckus that happened. That is a good thing that has caused me to want to participate again. My reasons for dropping out were misrepresented by one of the departed individuals for their own purposes and rather than drag things out, I chose to find better ways to spend my time.

I'm tempted to join the new one, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I check it to see how things are going though. So far I do not enjoy the tone of things and have no desire to get in the middle of it. I have a low tolerance for some of the childish comments and statements being made.

There seems to be a calm atmosphere here that is conducive to discussing trains and that is a very good thing in my view. If I want drama, I will go somewhere else.

Art
Art; first of all it's good to see you back here. I've missed your posts and photos of that beautiful layout of yours.
I'm only on this forum and throughly enjoy it. I do check OGR on the 1st of the month to see updates on Eliot's layout (Bigboy4005). That's the huge layout in Mn. However he hasn't posted in 2 months and I'm wondering if he's ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #12
seayakbill
Station Master

Spence, Eliot had stated a week or so ago that he is having issues with his hands that is slowing things down on the layout and preventing him from posting much.

Bill
Old 10-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #13
ogaugeguy
Engineer

Scales Modeled: Heavily into semiscale 0-27 with a few scale 0 and some older HO, S, N, and one G and Z scale set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugman View Post
I have gotten a lot out of my participation in the various forums in spite of the disruptions that are bound to occur...
This forum appears to be settling back down to what it was before all the ruckus that happened. That is a good thing that has caused me to want to participate again....

Art
Welcome back, Art, Missed your postings and feared you'd permanenly left MTF but glad to learn that's not the case.
Hope that others who ceased posting during the turbulent times you stopped will likewise eventually return because not only is this forum informative and helpful, but as you say, it has an atmosphere conducive to our fabulous hobby.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #14
Spence
Yard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayakbill View Post
Spence, Eliot had stated a week or so ago that he is having issues with his hands that is slowing things down on the layout and preventing him from posting much.

Bill
Thanks for the update Bill.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #15
Millstonemike
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstone Special View Post
... new O Gauge Forum appears to have an excessive amount of unrealistic back-slapping and glad-handing. ...

Even with GRJ's sometimes "wise guy" responses to certain things, ...
A heard a phrase from my consulting days: "Self admiration society."

Sometimes written sarcastic humor is misunderstood without the accompanying vocal inflections.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #16
Yellowstone Special
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O and N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millstonemike View Post

Sometimes written sarcastic humor is misunderstood without the accompanying vocal inflections.

Well-stated, Mike.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #17
MattR
Brakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Thanks for the update Bill.
Elliot is fine. He just posted an hour ago. I've been to his house. Yes the layout is unreal.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #18
Jeff T
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: Nothing modeled, O gauge trains though
Well my summer hiatus is about over. Time for fall, winter and indoor activities again. Hit the Train Club last weekend, first time in several months, felt good.

Glad to see the self admiration club move on...

Hello again Vern and good to see you back Art!!
Old 10-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #19
Chugman
Engineer

Thanks, guys! It feels good to be back.

Jeff, I missed you at the train show Sunday, but I'm glad you are back again too.

Art
Old 10-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #20
Lehigh74
Station Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millstonemike View Post

We used to call it a mutual admiration society.