The MTF's O Scale Section Compared to Other O Scale Forums - Page 4 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 08:06 AM   #31
Pingman
Conductor

First I've heard of rejecting members; seems to prove Lee's earlier point that those fellas want a club rather than a community.

I am no fan of bashing; however, information on how another forum is administered is welcome IMO.
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 08:10 AM   #32
walter
Engineer

Why do I come here? Only because of Lee's posts, it is the most interesting and informative posts on the Hobby, besides I enjoy them. But the negative posts that constantly come up about people that left, or problems you have had wit other Forums seem to dominate this Forum and come up again and again. It takes away from the seriousness of the hobby.
I've kept my mouth shut ad never brought up a name on someone that almost destroyed my further endeavor into model trains.
Long story short. The last Christmas with my father he bought me a MTH ABA NYC PS1 set. years later when I went into command control I wanted to upgrade this set to keep it running and remember the last gift received from my father. I thought from recommendations and reading the best was Gunrunner (first time I mentioned a name). He said he would upgrade it with ERR boards, couplers and speaker also in the B unit, besides the 2 powered As. We agreed on ERR boards and sound and speaker in B unit for 385.00. Upon receiving units, I noticed no speaker or sound in B unit, but let I pass. Then less then a year, one A unit went dead for no reason, ran good night before, next morning dead. Upon opening saw it was not an ERR installed boards. Opening up the running unit saw also not the agreed and paid for ERR boards. Sill not being knowledgeable in installing, contacted a Hobby Shop who needed to install ERR boards now in both, even in the running unit to match. The cost was 350.00 including shipping. The installer also said in a letter included that whoever said they installed ERR boards cheated me and I should pursue reimbursement. I contacted Gunrunner but he never replied on why he installed non ERR boards rather older Lionel repaired boards.
Now you know the rest of the story, and all these bashing of people that have left here is minion compared to dishonest workmanship highly praise by 2 other Forums. All in the past I ever did was "someone" considered a top notch person, didn't follow through with his word nor reputation.
So if names can be thrown around, I guess I can come clean also. Not everyone is perfect.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #33
Bill Webb
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O
Guys MTF has until recently tried to be above bashing other forums or people. I have friends ion all three forums. This kind of stuff is beneath the tradition of this forum.

Work to make MTF the best that it can be. That is what matters.

And in the spirit of honest disclosure, I was at the dinner last night that was held, the table was full, and everyone had a fun time. One member told me that he held no ill will toward MTF and could not understand the negative comments.

Hopefully enough said. Let’s be positive and concentrate on MTF and trains.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #34
wvgca
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO 1890's
re: walters post ...
i just don't know .. there is negativety in previous posts, understandable ... and actually nice they are allowed to exist on here ...
second half of the post doesn't make a whole bunch of sense though ... why would you basically leave everything [except for one email] for close to a year when you didn't get what you wanted, or thought you should get ..???
to me anyways, the two parts don't go together at all, lol

Old 10-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #35
Volphin
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O and G
I use all the forums, and I like each one for different reasons. Of course, I'm a little odd anyway. LOL
You never know when the end of the line will appear before you, so linger at each station just a little longer with your friends, or make a new one. It will enrich both journeys and keep you on track.

TCA# 15-70824
Old 10-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #36
highvoltage
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O, O27
My question is: Who cares? Who cares what goes on in other forums, or how they run their business?
Old 10-18-2019, 10:37 AM   #37
bigdodgetrain
Conductor

Scales Modeled: O gauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
I must ask, why the constant bashing, comparing, etc. of other Train Forums and past members always in the negative? I only see and read these here. Why? It seems you all need to constantly be bashing, complaining here, then make excuses why your here. Let it go and get out of the childish mentality this shows. We can all co-exist without the constant childish behavior that constantly comes here on bashing other Forums. GROW UP!
because that other forum is always posting how they are the number one forum!!!!
Old 10-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #38
ogaugeguy
Engineer

Scales Modeled: Heavily into semiscale 0-27 with a few scale 0 and some older HO, S, N, and one G and Z scale set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Webb View Post
One member told me that he held no ill will toward MTF and could not understand the negative comments.

Hopefully enough said. Let’s be positive and concentrate on MTF and trains.
I'll preface this comment, Bill, by assuring all who read it that it's not meant to bash any group. I believe the vast majority of OGF members think and feel the same as the member you mention above, but apparently those OGF folks who approve new members don't share that sentiment. IMO, that's detrimental to OGF's growth.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #39
Yellowstone Special
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O and N
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
I must ask, why the constant bashing, comparing, etc. of other Train Forums and past members always in the negative? I only see and read these here. Why? It seems you all need to constantly be bashing, complaining here, then make excuses why your here. Let it go and get out of the childish mentality this shows. We can all co-exist without the constant childish behavior that constantly comes here on bashing other Forums. GROW UP!
Come on, Walter. Really? You need to understand that there's nothing wrong with comparing O scale train forums. There simply aren't that many to begin with. I noticed that you haven't posted that much here over the past 5 years. Understand that some of us have tried to make this forum better (some more than others), no matter how insignificant our posts over the years, may seem.

After what this O scale section of the forum tolerated from the "club" who left us to form their own forum over what was really a minor, ludicrous issue, was a little hard for some of us to swallow, after having interacted with them on this forum for several years.

So I wouldn't categorize us as bashing and complaining with childish behavior.

Regarding your 2nd post, I'm sorry for what you had to go through with that issue. Maybe you should take it up with GRJ personally.

And Bill Webb: "This kind of stuff is beneath the tradition of this forum . . . " What kind of stuff? What some have done in this thread is merely explain what transpired, how they were treated, and the experiences they had. I'm sorry that their straightforwardness and being realistic seems to disagree with you.

Then you state, "Work to make MTF the best that it can be. That's what matters." Well, yes it is, and that's what many of us have been trying to do.

I'm glad you enjoyed your O Gauge Forum dinner as one of its new members last night.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #40
teledoc
Super Moderator

Scales Modeled: Postwar/Prewar tinplate "O" scale
I think this thread has run it's course, with some individuals stating their position, with some old members leaving, for their own reasons. We won't rehash any of it again, and let things get back to normal. Therefore, this thread will be closed. For those who enjoy being a part of other forums, for whatever reason, enjoy them. If the MTF is what you find best, than let yourself enjoy this forum, and stop bashing the other forums.

"Prewar Tinplate fanatic”

Newly Appointed "Tinplate Wizard"
"The man behind the curtain????"
Closed Thread