New website with free layouts and track plans - Page 3 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > Layout Design Forum
Forgotten your password?

Layout Design Forum Discussion resource for planning your dream layout, large, small or micro!

Old 09-27-2015, 05:37 AM   #21
bluenavigator
Conductor

Scales Modeled: HO - DC
I had checked some times ago, maybe two months ago. I like this one:

Large Complex HO Layout Large Complex HO Layout

Only that it doesn't make sense for two triple tracks to be hidden.

I agree with CT for the plans that should be doable.
bluenavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #22
Mixy
Brakeman

Thank you, guys

I am checking all plans with the developer functions in the program to be sure that mentioned details (like size, minimum radii, maximum grade, etc.) are correct and that all track joins fits in the default tolerances before publishing. Also, I am checking for parallel distances, especially when there are two parallel tracks with different heights, bridge heights, tunnels and loading gauges and several other parameters in each plan. So in general, all published plans are doable. Some of them are published after actual building (see: Already build layouts, designed in SCARM), other are published in the phase of construction (see: SCARM layouts under construction) and I know that some of the published plans are now prepared for building, with some minor modifications. Actually, I have received twice as more plans than already published, but most of them are just not able to pass the verification procedure - there are disconnected tracks, too steep grades, too small radii of the flex tracks or something else that may lead to problems if somebody start building of such layout.

The Large Complex HO Layout mentioned above is representing one project from an old book with track plans of Tillig - a German model trains producer. It is slightly modified, but keeps the main idea for complex and realistic opertions. The hidden parts in the lowest level are used to keep up to 4 trains and simulate heavy traffic through the main station.

I.e. a passenger train that departures from the main station goes in the tunnel and then stops, while other, already parked in the tunnel freight train starts and simulates continuing of a long travel when leaves the tunnel. The passenger train waits for a free main line and then can continue on its route. In this way, there are various possibilities for the operations on the main station and the modeler is playing with more different trains and scenarios instead of watching one or two same trains passing over and over on the double main line.

More plans with hidden areas like that can be seen here: Track plans with shadow stations / fiddle yards. However, controlling of such layouts requires some skills and may not be suitable for beginners, making their first layout.

Mixy
Mixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #23
Mixy
Brakeman

See these 3 new track plans in 3 different scales already added to the database:

Bluewater & Grandview Railroad Layout in N-scale

Small Rural Layout in TT scale

Marklin HO C-track & K-track 300x125

Mixy

Old 01-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #24
Mixy
Brakeman

Here is the new featured layout for January, which is already under construction:

Garden State Central Model Railroad Club 25' x 50' Room Layout

It is one of the largest and most complex track plans ever designed in SCARM which is now turning into a real layout by the guys in Garden State Central Model Railroad Club. See some pics from the building process:

Read more about that huge layout and download the SCARM track plan from the link above. Hope you will like it

Mixy
Old 03-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #25
Chiefmcfuz
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O/O27 Some HO from my childhood
Any chance of an android version?
Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #26
Mixy
Brakeman

There is always a chance for Android version of SCARM, but not this year for sure.

Mixy
Old 04-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #27
Mixy
Brakeman

Several new layout designs were added to the database in the past 3 months - here are two of them in HO scale:

Around-the-walls HO Train Layout

Urban-Style HO Layout with Scenic High Line

Mixy
Old 07-02-2016, 03:53 AM   #28
Mixy
Brakeman

Two more interesting projects were published in the past 2 months.

Large Modular N-scale Club Layout

Marklin HO C-track double oval

Mixy
Old 08-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #29
Mixy
Brakeman

And here are the most recent layouts from August:

Southern Pine Railroad Layout in N scale

Marklin HO C-track Layout 205x120

The Expansion of Lucasville O-gauge Train Layout

The first and the last presented projects are already under construction, while the second one is build and operational

Mixy
Old 10-15-2016, 06:08 AM   #30
Mixy
Brakeman

Several new projects were added in the past 2 months - see them below:

David's N-scale Track Plan

American Flyer 5'x9' S-scale (1/64) Train Layout

N-gauge Shunting Puzzle Diorama

Mixy

Tags