SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Market Place > Product Promotion
Forgotten your password?

Product Promotion If you are a vendor with a nifty product please post here!

Old 02-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
Mixy
Brakeman

Thank you, gunrunnerjohn

Pictures are clear and detailed. Now is midnight here so I am going to sleep, but tomorrow I will try to map the pics to track library file. Hope that Lionel O lib will be ready and tested till end of the week

Mixy,
from Bulgaria
Mixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
Great, glad I could help. Next, I'll post the other type of standard O gauge switch that is different.
gunrunnerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
Mixy
Brakeman

OK, here is preliminary Lionel-O library file: http://www.scarm.info/temp/Lionel-O-tmp.zip. Download and extract it from archive, then copy .lib file into LIB folder of SCARM. Start the program and select Lionel-O from the libraries dropdown menu. At the moment, all tracks are labeled with their part numbers and only 14062 and 14063 turnouts have attachable accessories enabled. Select one of these turnouts with buttons from the selection panel to place on the plot – a dialog with possible accessories will appear. Select the switching motor (left or right) and press OK. This is the way how track accessories are realized in SCARM. Unfortunately, the Lionel catalog has no dimensions of these things at all, so I will ask you to tell me other possible switching motors dimensions and offsets in order to be able to put them in the library file, as marked on the picture. Offsets are horizontal and vertical dimensions from start of center rail to nearest corner of the motor. Try the lib and tell me – am I close or not?

Mixy

Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Hmm... Trying to go to the site http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html and it's dead. The ZIP download times out as well.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
NIMT
Yard Master

Mixy,
I would have to say that most of us in the U.S. are oblivious of the metric system is there any easy way to convert the track to SAE (Inches and feet) measurements?

Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Good point Sean. I can't get to the site right now, so I haven't actually seen the package yet.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #17
Mixy
Brakeman

Hi guys,

I checked the SCARM web site 2 minutes ago and it is up and working well. May be it is a temporary problem or something in the route. Check it again and tell me if the problem persists.

@NIMT.COM: Open "Tools" > "Settings" > "Measurement units" tab and select inches to be default dimension unit

Mixy
Old 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
Mixy
Brakeman

See also FAQ section in the site or in build-in documentation (F1) – it takes 10 minutes of reading, but explains a lot for SCARM features, tips and tricks

Mixy
Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #19
NIMT
Yard Master

Mixy,
Excellent, thank you
From a business point of view you might want to add in an US flag, English, with the dimensions defaulted to inches.
Oh and atlas code 100 track too! A lot of us still use it.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Still no joy for some reason. I can do a tracert to it, but when I ping it, I get timeouts. The odd thing is I got a couple of responses, then nothing.

I did get to it with a proxy server, but I can't download using that proxy. I'll wait to see if this gets sorted out.

Tags
design , layout , model , railroad , software