Introduce yourself here! - Page 781 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > New Member Introduction
Forgotten your password?

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Come in here and introduce yourself!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #7801
traction fan
Station Master
 
traction fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,412
Scales Modeled: N
West Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoriEng View Post
Dear Admin and all Members,
I am Dwi, an Indonesian, totally newbie and know nothing about this model train world. I want to learn anything here and getting familiar with this new interesting thing, but so sorry if I will ask a nasty question that may annoying you all, especially for my poor English.

Cheers,
Dwi


Dwi;

Welcome to the forum! We are a large, international group of model railroaders. We have members with decades of experience and members with no experience yet, just like you. Don't worry about asking questions here. We get questions everyday from new modelers (newbies) all over the world. Your English was good enough to get you on the forum, so don't worry about that either.
To help you, and other newbies, get started learning about model railroading, I have written the attached pdf files. Read them if you wish. I think you will find a lot of good information in them. You might also buy a good book for new modelers. It's called, "Getting Started in Model Railroading" by Jeff Wilson. You can order a copy from https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/products/books Also look at our "Beginner's Q&A" section, here on the forum. It also has lots of good information.

again welcome;

Traction Fan

WHERE DO I START rev 4.pdf

Choosing a Scale.pdf

1 How to build a better first layout.pdf

2 How to build a better first layout.pdf

3 & 4 How to build a better first layout.pdf

5 How to build a better first layout.pdf

6 How to build a better first layout.pdf

All AboutTurnouts rev 5.pdf

MODEL RAILROADING ON A BUDGET.pdf

Model Railroad Terminology 3.pdf
__________________
To Puget sound, Electrified!
traction fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #7802
XoriEng
Hobo
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by traction fan View Post
Dwi;

Welcome to the forum! We are a large, international group of model railroaders. We have members with decades of experience and members with no experience yet, just like you. Don't worry about asking questions here. We get questions everyday from new modelers (newbies) all over the world. Your English was good enough to get you on the forum, so don't worry about that either.
To help you, and other newbies, get started learning about model railroading, I have written the attached pdf files. Read them if you wish. I think you will find a lot of good information in them. You might also buy a good book for new modelers. It's called, "Getting Started in Model Railroading" by Jeff Wilson. You can order a copy from https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/products/books Also look at our "Beginner's Q&A" section, here on the forum. It also has lots of good information.

again welcome;

Traction Fan

Attachment 522004

Attachment 522006

Attachment 522008

Attachment 522010

Attachment 522012

Attachment 522014

Attachment 522016

Attachment 522018

Attachment 522020

Attachment 522022
Woaaaah.... what a great personal responds from the masters here... thanks a lot, will go through all of the papers...

Cheers,
Dwi
XoriEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #7803
Fire21
Station Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Wyoming, USA
Posts: 4,063
Scales Modeled: N-Scale.
Dwi, we have many people here from many countries, and we all learn from each other. Welcome to the model trains hobby, and to this forum!
__________________
FAR TOO MANY Americans are proving NOT to be worthy of the incredible bounty of their unbelievable Country, which was given to them by the Blood, Treasure and Sacrifice of those before them.
...Howard Galganov
Fire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #7804
tbarber1027
Hobo
 
tbarber1027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 43
Scales Modeled: N
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoriEng View Post
Dear Admin and all Members,
I am Dwi, an Indonesian, totally newbie and know nothing about this model train world. I want to learn anything here and getting familiar with this new interesting thing, but so sorry if I will ask a nasty question that may annoying you all, especially for my poor English.

Cheers,
Dwi
-----
Dwi,
Welcome aboard!
Your English seems fine to me.
Ask away & have fun. This is quite a fascinating hobby.
Tim
tbarber1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #7805
lastfbody
Hobo
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5
Scales Modeled: S Scale Steam AF
Hi All, New to the forum as of today 1/16/20. My name is Mike. I have S scale American Flyer trains - all steam locomotives. Not a long time collector. Not even sure if I can be considered a collector. Maybe a fan instead.
lastfbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #7806
browser
Hobo
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Hello Everyone

I am an enthusiast and looking to put together my first set.
browser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:00 PM   #7807
Bullet Train
Hobo
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 3
Lightbulb Bullet Train here on time!!

Cool will do thanks!
Bullet Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #7808
traction fan
Station Master
 
traction fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,412
Scales Modeled: N
West Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
I am an enthusiast and looking to put together my first set.
browser;

Welcome to the forum! If by "put together my first set" you mean you want to build your first model railroad, the files below should be helpful.

again welcome;

Traction Fan

WHERE DO I START rev 4.pdf

Choosing a Scale.pdf

1 How to build a better first layout.pdf

2 How to build a better first layout.pdf

3 & 4 How to build a better first layout.pdf

How to build a better Model Railroad part 5a.pdf

6 How to build a better first layout.pdf

All AboutTurnouts rev 5.pdf

MODEL RAILROADING ON A BUDGET.pdf

Model Railroad Terminology 3.pdf
__________________
To Puget sound, Electrified!
traction fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:59 PM   #7809
[email protected]
Hobo
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 5
Scales Modeled: HO
Greetings to all!

Just rejoined after many years. I started model railroading in 1959 and have gone thru many layouts over the years.

I just got an OKAY from the Mrs to start again with some space she was saving for herself. What a gal!

Biff
biffgraydon@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #7810
traction fan
Station Master
 
traction fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,412
Scales Modeled: N
West Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Greetings to all!

Just rejoined after many years. I started model railroading in 1959 and have gone thru many layouts over the years.

I just got an OKAY from the Mrs to start again with some space she was saving for herself. What a gal!

Biff


Biff;

Welcome back to the forum, and to the hobby. With your experience, you should be able to help some of our new members.
Your wife sounds like a rare gem!
You might want to set up a screen name, and stop using your personal E-mail address on the forum. Someone may see it here and misuse it.

Again Welcome;

Traction Fan
__________________
To Puget sound, Electrified!
traction fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


» Visit These Sites:
LGB World

Or Our European Train Website ModelRailForum




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.