newbie - Page 10 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > N Scale
Forgotten your password?

N Scale Atlas, Life-Like, Graham Farish, Micro-Trains, Minitrix and other N scale discussion.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:00 PM   #91
firescales22
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: N scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
Get rid of 2 of them, the a s s joined twice.
Look at the new member list he changed a O to o and signed up twice. Same handle. I guess he knew he would be banned and no one would see the other.
Looks like he has a screw or 2 missing?

NOBODY PANIC i just texted my friend eric after some suggesting and IP and seeing stationstar101's email yup it is the same as mine and the only friend that knows my email is him and he fessed up (only after i told him i would give him some food)
thx gunrunnerjohn tho :smilie_daumen pos:
firescales22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 08:07 PM   #92
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by firescales22 View Post
NOBODY PANIC i just texted my friend eric after some suggesting and IP and seeing stationstar101's email yup it is the same as mine and the only friend that knows my email is him and he fessed up (only after i told him i would give him some food)
thx gunrunnerjohn tho :smilie_daumen pos:
Well, I'm glad it wasn't really someone being nasty. Although from what I understand (I didn't see any of it) his sense of humor is a little off. We try to keep things friendly here, and don't like to see that kind of thing, even in fun.

Does your friend like trains too? Have him join for real and make some positive contributions to the discussion.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #93
firescales22
Brakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTValleyRR View Post
Well, I'm glad it wasn't really someone being nasty. Although from what I understand (I didn't see any of it) his sense of humor is a little off. We try to keep things friendly here, and don't like to see that kind of thing, even in fun.

Does your friend like trains too? Have him join for real and make some positive contributions to the discussion.

yah sort of he does have 1 loco and some cars he likes crashing them and stuff like that he does a terrible sense of humor tho!

Old 01-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #94
firescales22
Brakeman

post removed by ME!

Last edited by firescales22; 01-13-2020 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: to remove post
Old 01-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #95
Tom_C
Engineer

Scales Modeled: On30
I suspected something like this. BTW, enough with the emoticons, I might get a seizure!
Tom_C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:03 AM   #96
firescales22
Brakeman

I will go disable them rn

i know clue what i am even doing
Old 01-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #97
firescales22
Brakeman

ok so this might sound stupid but whats a "wormgear" and a "driveshaft"
Old 01-14-2020, 12:09 PM   #98
traction fan
Station Master

Scales Modeled: N
West Worm gears & driveshafts

Quote:
ok so this might sound stupid but whats a "wormgear" and a "driveshaft"
firescales22;

Asking questions is not stupid. It shows you are interested in learning.

A worm gear is a gear shaped like a machine screw.The threads of a worm gear mesh with the teeth of a conventional "spur"* gear shaped like a coin with teeth around the outside. The wom gear must rotate several times to rotate the spur gear once. This arrangement of worm, and spur, gears is used for reducing the high speed of an electric motor's central, steel, "drive shaft"** to a speed that will let a locomotive roll down the track at a reasonable speed.
Basic physics says that a mechanism can trade speed for mechanical power. Thus while the worm & spur drops the speed it gains power. If you lock at the jack of your family's automobile, you will likely see a screw, which is another form of a worm gear. Turning the jack's handle many times, by hand, will slowly raise the car. It would be impossible for all but extremely strong, body builder, type humans to lift one end of a car without the jack. Low speed, but lots of power.

"Stupid" is a very mild description of the recent behavior of your "friend" who seems to think using cuss words, and mean-spirited insults of your layout, on this forum, is "new", or "funny." Both are older than the two of you put together, and wasting the time of good people trying to help you isn't amusing in the least.

Traction Fan

* The name "spur" gear probably comes from the shape of the spurs a cowboy wears on his boots, and uses to control his horse.

** "Drive Shaft" is a very general term covering any long, round "shaft" that spins to move, or "drive" something. Today most passenger autos have front wheel drive, but older cars have a drive shaft that runs from the front-mounted engine to the rear wheels that drive the car. These old autos had a pronounced "hump" running down the center of the floor, to house the drive shaft. Modern heavy trucks and 4-wheel drive vehicles use a similar drive shaft arrangement.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #99
firescales22
Brakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by traction fan View Post
firescales22;

Asking questions is not stupid. It shows you are interested in learning.

A worm gear is a gear shaped like a machine screw.The threads of a worm gear mesh with the teeth of a conventional "spur"* gear shaped like a coin with teeth around the outside. The wom gear must rotate several times to rotate the spur gear once. This arrangement of worm, and spur, gears is used for reducing the high speed of an electric motor's central, steel, "drive shaft"** to a speed that will let a locomotive roll down the track at a reasonable speed.
Basic physics says that a mechanism can trade speed for mechanical power. Thus while the worm & spur drops the speed it gains power. If you lock at the jack of your family's automobile, you will likely see a screw, which is another form of a worm gear. Turning the jack's handle many times, by hand, will slowly raise the car. It would be impossible for all but extremely strong, body builder, type humans to lift one end of a car without the jack. Low speed, but lots of power.

[/B]"Stupid" is a very mild description of the recent behavior of your "friend" who seems to think using cuss words, and mean-spirited insults of your layout, on this forum, is "new", or "funny." Both are older than the two of you put together, and wasting the time of good people trying to help you isn't amusing in the least.[B]

Traction Fan

* The name "spur" gear probably comes from the shape of the spurs a cowboy wears on his boots, and uses to control his horse.

** "Drive Shaft" is a very general term covering any long, round "shaft" that spins to move, or "drive" something. Today most passenger autos have front wheel drive, but older cars have a drive shaft that runs from the front-mounted engine to the rear wheels that drive the car. These old autos had a pronounced "hump" running down the center of the floor, to house the drive shaft. Modern heavy trucks and 4-wheel drive vehicles use a similar drive shaft arrangement.

i never said i thought i was funny
but thank you answering my question
Old 01-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #100
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Quote:
i never said i thought i was funny
but thank you answering my question
He didn't either. He said your friend's behavior wasn't funny, and most people on this forum don't consider that kind of thing amusing.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote