Photo of the day!!! - Page 9 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > S Scale
Forgotten your password?

S Scale Get in here if you want the lowdown on S scale!

Old 07-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #81
sid
Engineer

Scales Modeled: N
went to the park and got these pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3761.JPG (1.12 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3756.JPG (1.30 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3754.JPG (1.63 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3764.JPG (1.24 MB, 4 views)
sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #82
BrokeCurmudgeon
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: American Flyer S Scale and some N Scale with a maginfier glass
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid View Post
went to the park and got these pics
Is that in Roeding Park? I left Fresno in 1980 and I don't remember seeing it way back then. Was this engine part of the Friant Line? The "Fresburg" area is one of my most favorite places. Five of our seven kids were born there. We lived in town and then bought a place at Meadow Lake and then built a home on 16 acres in Auberry. Many great memories.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #83
mopac
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
Thanks for showing the pics. Glad some of these old steamers are being saved and not
sent to the scrap yards. So many have met that fate.
mopac is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #84
cramden
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFlyer View Post
I was thinking about what I could post that would be both interesting and not something one sees every day. While my first trainset was purchased in 1950 by my parents I have been collecting in some manner since the late 1970’s. On the other hand some of these items may be totally boring to look at.
I cannot post every day since I am home usually only 4 days/week.So here goes.
Ever wonder how train sets and some other items got from the factory to the distributors. The answer is master cartons. Here is a master carton for shipping the 5108-W set. It holds two sets. Yes, this one has the two complete sets in it. One side has a closeup of the set info, the other is just the other side so the whole carton is visible.

Attachment 503088

Attachment 503090
Not boring to me Tom. That's an unbelievable find. I have to ask, are the individual sets still sealed? Even if not , what a great item to have.
cramden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #85
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S gauge
I purchased the master carton separately from the two sets now inside the carton. I got the master almost for free. This one is nice because the cardboard is in good condition and all the stamps are factory fresh. I have seen other master cartons with things such as separate sale freight cars and passenger cars inside. I passed on those because the sellers wanted 5X the separate sale value of the contents. One was MSOB but the seller wanted $2,500 for it. there were six boxcars in it worth about $600 total at the time.
I have more uncommon things in the works but not until I get back home and find them in the storage crates.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:26 AM   #86
cramden
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S
I have passed on numerous boxes and set boxes for that reason, too much money being asked. I was at Allentown a few years ago and a seller had about a dozen empty set boxes, but the prices were more than I wanted to spend for an empty box. Too many train items I'd rather spend money on. Besides, I've never seen a box that ran when put on the track. Nice to have the box if the item is for sale that way, but not a deal breaker for me if it doesn't.
cramden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #87
sid
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeCurmudgeon View Post
Is that in Roeding Park? I left Fresno in 1980 and I don't remember seeing it way back then. Was this engine part of the Friant Line? The "Fresburg" area is one of my most favorite places. Five of our seven kids were born there. We lived in town and then bought a place at Meadow Lake and then built a home on 16 acres in Auberry. Many great memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2RCB4IHrS0
no sir this is in arkansas state park not far from my house. cant remember the starts with a W
Old 07-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #88
sid
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeCurmudgeon View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2RCB4IHrS0
i remember seeing that loco many times when i lived there. this is the first time ive seen a video of it. very cool Thank You.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #89
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Back at home this afternoon so I was able to photograph a contribution for today. These are 3 new in the box Pikemaster items. The 24302 Terminal and Uncoupler Track, the 26320 RH Remote Control Pikemaster Turnout and the 26322 Pikemaster 90 deg crossover.
These also came in blister packs, unfortunately after 10 minutes searching through my storage crates I could not find those to include in the picture.

BEC46E16-F5DB-4858-A10C-0475C2C7565A.jpg
Old 07-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #90
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Here is a special today for Mopac. I came across one of my LN/OB Eagle boxcars while looking for the Pikemaster Blister Packs. This is the 983.

87420B4A-BF5F-426D-8660-ADD6299E90C4.jpg